Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

quick question

So, I am on day 2 of trying to get LO to sleep on his back in the crib.  Yesterday I got a 25 minute stretch and today I got a 30 minute stretch.  Of course, yesterday he was a zombie after hours of trying to keep him down, so we went for a drive.  Do I press on for the rest of the week or longer?  WWYD?  Thank you for your advice!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: quick question

• Options

Have you tried swaddling? That is the only way I could get my daughter to stay asleep on her back. She would fight it at first and sometimes cry but fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep.

I found the velcro swaddlers to be better at holding her in than regular swaddling blankets.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageHyfagal:

Have you tried swaddling? That is the only way I could get my daughter to stay asleep on her back. She would fight it at first and sometimes cry but fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep.

I found the velcro swaddlers to be better at holding her in than regular swaddling blankets.

this.

and yes, I would keep trying. my LO refuses naps and only now after over a week of trying, she will finally go down for one nap in the morning somewhat easily. you just have to keep at it.

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies-he is delirious right now, I think that we'll try again.  He is swaddled, in a sleep positioner with a fan on for noise in the background.  I appreciate your feedback :-)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageChunstad:
    Thanks Ladies-he is delirious right now, I think that we'll try again.  He is swaddled, in a sleep positioner with a fan on for noise in the background.  I appreciate your feedback :-)

It just takes some babies a while to get a hang of the whole sleeping thing. A crib isn't quite the womb he's used to. He'll get it. I know that doesn't make it easier on you now, but he will.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"