Babies: 0 - 3 Months

avent bottles

My son is formula fed and he is on avent bottles but he looks like he is having trouble latching on to the nipple and the formula goes everywhere. anyone else have this pb? tia:D

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: avent bottles

• Our LO one did originally.  We switched to the playtex drop-ins with the silicone nipples.  He doesn't seem to spill with them.  Once he started going to daycare I had them try giving him the Advent bottles again and now he's a champ with those.  I now tend to switch from one bottle to the other depending on whats clean at the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did! We switched to Dr. Browns (but not the wide neck ones) and he does great. With the Avent he was loosing 1/2 his bottle down his chin!
    SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • Loading the player...
  • DD couldn't seem to latch properly on any of the smooth nipples like Avent or playtex at first. She needed that little rounded bulb at the end to avoid just spilling everywhere. At about 4 months she mastered all of them and we could use the Avents again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i was thinking of trying dr brown or nuk  does dr brown have alot of pices to clean?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dr. Brown's were too much work for me.

We used the Playtex Vent-air that the PP suggested. We used the slender ones with standard nipples.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used Avent at first but Lo could not latch on and she acted like it was to hard for her, we switched to Dr. Browns and she seems to love them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"