Upstate NY Babies
Options

Non-puffy kids coats?

Any recs? You can flame, but we usually take the kids from warm places to the warm car so we usually just put a thin coat on them..but they don't wear them in the car b/c they get too hot. Now that Evan is starting school we'll have to get him a real winter coat (since they'll go outside a lot and for walking to and from the parking lot, etc.) And b/c I don't want to be a bad mom, of course :)

I am having issues finding a non-huge coat...more for Evan than Leah. I saw some possibilities for her at Target.

Re: Non-puffy kids coats?

• Options
    we usually do the 3 or 4 in 1 systems from Target. They wear the fleece liner to the car & while in their carseats & I zip the outer shell on if we are going to be outside for a longer period of time
    Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options

Eve has a nice wool coat from Old Navy. Its warm enough for now.. but I'm not sure I'll love it once it gets down into the 20s and teens and blizzarding..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

my mom just got this one for Evan (from Gap) It's super warm because it has the lining. Plus the wool is a really heavy good quality.

• Options
    I wanted that one, NikCole! Is it in the stores? It's sold out online in 3T.
  • Options

imageTelyco:
    I wanted that one, NikCole! Is it in the stores? It's sold out online in 3T.

I think she got it at Eastern Hills? (that is where she usually shops). So if they had it I'm assuming the other stores did too, since that is the smallest location. Unless it was an online return and they just happened to have it there. 

It does run big though. Evan is still in 2T, but I've been buying stuff for him in 3T so things will last through the spring. But the coat is a 2 and he has plenty of room. Even if he grows a size it will probably fit next winter too! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"