April 2012 Moms
Options

S/O sex polls

So I know you can't have sex after giving birth, but does that mean you can't do other things? Are you not supposed to O for some reason? I know that sex will probably be the last thing on my mind at that point, but right now since the second trimester libido has kicked in, I can't stop thinking about it and how much I will miss it! Just wondering!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O sex polls

• Options

My understanding is that you can't have anything in your vagina. I would probably keep things away from the whole area too. The risk of infection is really high.

Nothing below (your) waist. I think. But what do I know? I'm a FTM. 

• Options
    Your tissues in your vaginal canal and around your vaginal canal will be healing and tender.  I usually feel better within a couple weeks, but I waited to have sex until about 6-8 weeks.  You will also have a heavy period for about a week and then continue to have a light one for a couple more weeks (it will be like a big make up period for not having one for 9 months).  My husband never really bothered me about sex the first 4 weeks, but he got antsy after that.  I think 6 weeks in the recommended minimum just to let things heal up and for the swelling to go down.  Your body will not have the drive for sex anyways, it's natural for your libido to dissappear for a couple months anyways. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister just had a baby who was 3 months old yesterday and she said that when they had sex again it hurt so bad! I'm not looking forward to sex for the first time after waiting that long.
  • Options

imagegekeler6:
    Your tissues in your vaginal canal and around your vaginal canal will be healing and tender.  I usually feel better within a couple weeks, but I waited to have sex until about 6-8 weeks.  You will also have a heavy period for about a week and then continue to have a light one for a couple more weeks (it will be like a big make up period for not having one for 9 months).  My husband never really bothered me about sex the first 4 weeks, but he got antsy after that.  I think 6 weeks in the recommended minimum just to let things heal up and for the swelling to go down.  Your body will not have the drive for sex anyways, it's natural for your libido to dissappear for a couple months anyways. 

This. My OB says "nothing is going in there for 6 weeks". You aren't even supposed to wear tampons. 

Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options

IMO, You won't want to do ANYTHING.

And that includes O'ing.

But that was just me.

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options

imagegekeler6:

Well I guess I'm preparing for that from now as not really in the mood but I do what I can to keep him happy! And what I do, I could keep doing post baby Big Smile

• Options
    You can O all you want.  In fact that might help contract your uterus back to it's original size.  But yeah, nothing inside your vag (penis or tampons) until things start to heal and are back to normal. 
  • Options
    Yeah I was more thinking of doing things on the outside and wondering if that was a big no no. I am sure though that sex will be the last thing on my mind!
  • Options
    There's no way I was letting anything other than witch hazel pads, ice packs and a squirt bottle near my lady parts for weeks after delivery.  I had stitches that didn't heal correctly so I was in pain for about a month.  But I wouldn't think most women would be up for anything near their vag for at least a week or two.
  • Options
    I had a c/s so the lady bits weren't in pain, but I still didn't want DH anywhere near me. O'ing (in any fashion) was the LAST thing on my mind. Honestly, when I was released at 6 weeks we waited until 8 and even then I kind of had to just make myself, hoping I would get into it. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"