Natural Birth

Foley Bulb?

Has anyone had one done before? Is it painful? They want me to have an epi before I have it inserted. Any thoughts?
PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Foley Bulb?

• why do they want to do an epi before a fowley catheter?  Having no experience with a fowley, but knowing its a non chemical way to induce..... I would be interested to know.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • I believe it's uncomfortable, but the people I know who've had it didn't get an epi beforehand....are you trying to avoid an epi altogether?
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one, and definitely did NOT need an epi before having it put in. It was uncomfortable for sure, but only a little more uncomfortable than an internal or getting a pap done. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are getting it to induce labor, right?  I was induced this way.  I definitely didn't need an epidural first--it felt like an uncomfortable pap or something and then once it was in I didn't really notice it.

I had it inserted in the evening.  I was 2cm dialated at that point.  In the morning the nurse tugged on it a bit and it came out and I was 3 cm and lost my mp a bit later.  I had to also have pit to induce, but my induction was 37 weeks.  My doula said she has seen the bulb put ladies into labor, so it is definitely a low intervention induction method that I am a fan of!

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"