December 2010 Moms

Working moms: DCP holiday gift?

What are you ladies doing for your DCP? We were going to do a gift card to a restaurant...wasn't sure of the price though. Or if anyone had some other ideas. Help!

My little man at 0-1-2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

Re: Working moms: DCP holiday gift?

• I have absolutely no idea. C has only been going to this daycare for about a month now so we may just send a Christmas card with his hand prints on it or something.

We are, however, getting his physical therapist a Starbucks gift card and a travel mug. Poor woman drives 45 minutes during rush hour to get here and is always patient as a saint.

I always try to match the present to the person if I can. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• given my post below about their silly schedule, I'm not sure if we're doing anything for them - we'll see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Loading the player...
  • imagechrisncassie:

given my post below about their silly schedule, I'm not sure if we're doing anything for them - we'll see.

LOL

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• One of the moms at DC is a co-worker and friend of mine and we decided to go in together on either a restaurant gift certificate or a spa gift certificate. My plan is to spend about $25-30.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ours are awesome and have been the same ones the while time he has been there so will get them each $25 giftcards to Target or Amazon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has a bunch of rotating teachers so I am going to write them all a nice individual note, enclose a Bath & Body mini hand sanitizer (cause what infant room teacher doesn't need that LOL) and provide a plate of cookies or candies for all to share in the room.

DD (preschool room) has 2 dedicated teachers so I am doing store gift cards and a small box of candy or cupcakes for them.

Two kids..5 and 2
  • We're (read: me) kind of cheap, so I'm not sure if we'll do $10 GC or $20 GC.  We'll only be giving to the three main teachers in his room, though.

I'm also hoping to make some gingerbread caramels (the Martha Stewart recipe is great) and will package some of those in a small tin for each teacher as well.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • DS just started a new daycare yesterday, so I'm not sure yet. It is run by 2 sisters, and we know they're religious (they go to our church) so maybe a religious item of some sort would be nice.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • We use an in home lady who is dirt cheap. I've given her about a weeks pay in cash for Xmas. According to my nanny friend, this is what DCP'S want... :) but if they were at a center, it'd be different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am wondering the same thing. We have 2 main teachers and 3-4 floaters so i can't afford to get everyone an individual gift of any great value but am torn between getting them each a small token or a big room gift.

I asked at daycare but got the standard "oh, we appreciate anything" line, not helpful. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Noah goes to a private in home daycare. I got an $80 gift card for her to a spa. When we first started going there she always had her nails done, and she works so hard that I figured she could use some pampering. I was debating on giving her cash, but I'm pretty sure she'd just use it on the kids instead of herself, so that's why I went with a gift card.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Lurking from December 2011:

I am currently a daycare teacher.  You have three options or more:

1. buy the main teachers something big and something small for the floaters. (scentsy candles are popular at my daycare, gift cards to local places, one year I got a chip and salsa Christmas platter which was cool, be creative!)

2. order pizza or give a plate of cookies or yummies for the room.

3. get something/or just money to spend in the actual classroom.

4. nothing.

Just not more mugs please!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"