Northern California Babies

If your kids have been bored lately.

I know we all know that kids love boxes but at least I often forget just how much.  For Andrew's birthday party Josh went to one of those Rent to Own type places and got 2 dryer boxes.  Best.thing.ever!  The boys have turned them into houses and when they're grumpy they separate them and play alone, good moods find their houses pushed together to make one big house to play in.  They've cut windows and door, used their hammers and screw drivers to make "skylights" in the roof, arranged them all around the couch to help make a restaurant complete with toy kitchen in the middle and tables and chair (square ottomans that come with smaller ottomans inside, awesome for storage and eating table!).

I think they're getting close to falling apart and I tell ya if Christmas wasn't on the way I'd say there would be zero toys in our future.  How could I forget,, Josh took two computer boxs and made the boys a leaf truck, complete with grabber on the front to scoop up leaves and a matching dump truck (that my awesome husband put wheels on and made it so they can open the truck bed and tilt it up to dump it).

So the next time there is a big storm heading our way or it just too cold to get outside and you're wondering " how on earth are we going to stay sane" head out and get some big boxes, then sit back and enjoy the show!

Re: If your kids have been bored lately.

• That is such a great idea- I am absolutely going to get a dryer box for the next rainy stretch of weather! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a great idea. I think we might try this in a few weeks when we try PTing again.

• Loading the player...
  • LOVE IT! My father in law and I talk about selling boxes and marketing them for children, every christmas. :)
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • imageKellyMRocks:
    LOVE IT! My father in law and I talk about selling boxes and marketing them for children, every christmas. :)

You totally should!  Have you seen any of these things, so cool.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"