Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

XP: Baby in Ergo ALL THE TIME

One of my twins hates to be put down so much that he demands to be held in the ergo pretty much all day (some magical no problem sleeping in his crib at night). I'm at my wit's end on the days I am home with him because I can barely take care of his brother much less get any actual chores like laundry accomplished. This just started a couple of weeks ago but I don't want to just keep caving to holding him in there all day. 

Tips? Thoughts? 

After 2 losses, IVF #2 brought us our little boys.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Now we're waiting on our miracle baby ... a little GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: XP: Baby in Ergo ALL THE TIME

• Options

Hugs, mommy. That is really tough and you are doing your best - and that is going to be good enough for your little ones.

You aren't caving in, you are providing your child a need. I think people get hung up on the whole "my baby is changed and fed and therefore all his needs are met" (to put it in very rough tersm). Sometimes adults just need a hug and often babies just need really long hugs. 

Is there any support that you can count on? For example, family or friends that could help you do things like laundry? The laundry will always be there but these precious moments won't. My little guy is only 4.5months old and I already miss those younger days (as I wrote this he woke up and I had to go feed him! as if he could feel it ... hahaha) 

If you don't have support maybe some different thoughts might help, like "how lucky I am that he loves being with me" or "what a cuddly guy" or "man, this ergo really helps"

Just some thoughts, I hope one helps.

• Options
    Yeah, I think I would be able to deal with it better if I didn't feel like I was short changing his brother on cuddles because I spent so much time with him, kwim?
    After 2 losses, IVF #2 brought us our little boys.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Now we're waiting on our miracle baby ... a little GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Does his brother need the same amount of cuddles? I ask because some babies would rather be left alone. My little guy cried and cried and at one point I was so exhausted that I put him down and .... la la ... he was happy.

WHAT?!?! 

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"