Infertility
Options

Re-intro & ? about Femara

Hi ladies.  I am finally jumping back on the baby wagon after a long break.  DH and I are so excited to start back up again.  Of course I am nervous about it all but we have a new RE and I am confident he will be the one to make this happen for us.  

The RE put me on 5mg of Femara days 3-7. Today is day 7 so I will be taking my last dose tonight. I am having what I think are side effects... Yesterday I was really sick, hovering of the thrown for half an hour first thing in the morning.  I didn't have a fever or anything so not sure if it was a bug I caught.  Anyone else get sick like this?(don't worry I have an email into the doctor)  Also the hot flashes!  I feel like I'll spontaneously com-bust at any moment!  On a good note, I do feel little twinges in my ovaries, or what I hope are my ovaries.  So hopefully that is a good sign.  I go in on the 6th for a CD13 ultra-sound. Then we'll do a trigger if it all looks great.  I was originally wanting to go straight to an IUI but RE wants to try one cycle without it.  He thinks Clomid caused a harsh environment so I was unable to get pregnant. 

Anyways, I'm glad to be back and I wish everyone the best of luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Re-intro & ? about Femara

• Options

Welcome back and GL!

I never felt nauseous from Femara so I can't speak to that s/e but the hot flashes are pretty common. I also always got bad headaches the first few days I was on it.

I hope this new RE brings you your LO! 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"