April 2012 Moms
Options

So Irritated!!!!

UGH, so I am very frustrated right now...we found out Saturday that we are having a little BOY but we haven't announced to anyone yet...my parents and in-laws know because they were there, and I made the mistake of telling my grandmother and Aunt. I told both of them it was not announced yet and to BE SURE they do not say anything on FACEBOOK until we tell them they can...so I have the little weekly updates on my Facebook of how far along I am and today I am 19 weeks so I posted it at lunch...then, my GRANDMOTHER feels the need to comment and say "my great grandson...yea! What's his name?" SERIOUSLY!!??? WTH is your problem!?! We have a gender reveal party scheduled for Tuesday, but I'm pretty sure someone saw the comment before I got my mom to login and delete it...then my mom called her and she said she forgot...really? I mean, I know you are old and everything, but we just told you a couple of days ago and said DO NOT tell anyone...ESP on Facebook! Anyways, I had to vent...all my friends are already begging me to tell them the gender and guessing it's a boy, so stuff like this just ruins the surprise...so irritating...ok, rant over!
Jess

Re: So Irritated!!!!

• Options
    You should lock your wall and commenting until Tuesday or get some FB on your phone!!! My sister announced on her wall we were having a boy based on the OWT and Baby Reindeer's heart rate. I made her delete it.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options
    I'm sorry, that would make me mad too. We originally weren't going to find out the sex but now were are and everytime I see/talk to MIL she always says "thank you again for finding out the sex for me." Really? We're not finding out for YOU! So annoying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When we announced we were pregnant to my family, my mom wanted to tell all of the extended family which I was okay with but later that day my aunt wrote on my wall that she had heard our news and was excited for us. My mom told them to not make it public and it pissed me off to no end! I don't think anyone saw it because I deleted it right away but I just don't get how people post your news so quickly when it is obviously not their news to share!
  • Options
    No one over 50 should be on Facebook.  I agree, lock your wall until you announce.
  • Options

I would have been so pissed off too! I hate Facebook for that, people don't pay attention to what they post and it's very easy to have your surprise effects ruined. Hope nobody have seen this comment and that you will have a beautiful gender reveal party.

Congrats on your baby boy! We're on team blue too ;-)

• Options
    Thanks for letting me vent ladies! lol and I agree...OLD people need to get off of Facebook...seriously...I have FB on my phone, but I can't delete comments and I saw it 15 minutes after she posted it and called my mom to delete it right away because I'm at work and can't get on FB (site is blocked) so, fingers are crossed that no one saw in that 15 minute time frame! I agree...I need to disable commenting tonight when I get home...I didn't think of that...thanks!
    Jess
  • Options
    what a bummer! I'm sorry
    aka- DavidsBride2Be
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Omg your grandma knows how to use FB?!  Well maybe she doesn't actually know HOW to, maybe she didn't realize that everyone would be able to see that comment, idk. Its good that you got it deleted and hopefully not very many people saw it. I would just tell people that she wants it to be a boy so it was her wishful thinking... might work. My mom was teasing me the week before I told and I really thought she knew... but she didn't, she was just teasing me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"