June 2012 Moms
Options

Heartbeat

I had my first appointment today at 11w 3d. We saw the baby on the u/s and we could see the flicker of the heartbeat, but could not hear anything. My doctor assures us that this was fine, but I'm feeling a little uneasy. Has anyone else not been able to hear the heartbeat at 11 weeks?

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Heartbeat

• Options
    No need to be nervous. My doctor only checked the HB at our 11 week appointment because I wanted to hear it. If you can see it then that's all the confirmation you need!!  :)
  • Options
    She tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler machine, but we heard nothing. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At our 8w u/s they didn't have the sound on. If you can see it beating, then I'm sure there's sound. Did they tell you how many bpm? They did for us.

They were only supposed to check the heartbeat via doppler at my 12w appointment, but she couldn't find the heartbeat so I was sent back for an u/s. They had the bar up for the heartbeat and the tech turned the sound on so we did end up hearing it. I could see the heart beating too eventually.

There's nothing to worry about.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

so far this pregnancy they haven't tried to hear the heartbeat, but i've seen it on screen a few times.  but i remember with my first pregnancy it was awhile before they started doing the audio part.  sounds normal and nothing to worry about :)

diagnosed with stage IV endo via lap surgery IVF #1 - 27 eggs! 14 fertilized (3 natural, 11 ICSI) 5dt of A embryo, froze 6 BFP on 9/28! Baby K born via surprise c-section after 15 hrs of labor and he is perfect!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

frozen transfer a success! boy #2 via VBAC Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We couldn't hear mine yesterday at 11+3. had an us and tech showed us heartbeat and how baby was positioned so that we couldn't pick up with a Doppler.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

If you can see the hb, that's all you need.  :) 

I just went in for my 12 week check up, and before they even started looked for the HB, I was told that sometimes 12 weeks is still early to actually be able to hear it.  There was a medical student helping out and it took him forever to find it.  My OB finally stepped in and after about 30 seconds she was finally able to hear something.  I wasn't worried at all, becasue I had seen the flicker on the screen and they had pre-warned me that hearing it might be difficult.  Don't stress.  Everything is ok. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"