Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Everybody

What words are your kids saying right now? And when did they start saying them?

Re: Everybody

• In the last 2 weeks she started saying words on purpose. It's weird cause she'll babble, and then she'll look at you and say a word as clear as day, and she'll say it in the right context. 

She says hi, no, all done (sounds more like "alda"), yay, dada, and mama. She says "dada" to both of us when she's happy and "mama" when she's sad or you're walking away from her. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Isla isn't saying anything. She might gurgle a 'hi' here and there but it sounds accidental. She laughs and growls at the cat or dog but no real words yet.

Emma? Goodnight nurse. She is sassy and talks all.the.time.

• Loading the player...
  • Mama

Dada

Dog

Bird

Bob = bottle

Hi

We've also heard Emma twice (name of our dog) but we think that was accidental mimicing and not actually associating Emma with the dog.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mom, mama, daddy, dada, all done, bed, yum

shes said more but those are the consistant ones that she uses in the right context.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've got dada, mum & what might pass for hi.

That's it.

• He says nigh nigh (night night), yeah, dada, and every once in awhile he throws in mama. Sometimes he'll mimic, like today my mom said "Do you want to go in the car?" and he said "ca" but it's not something he's said with intent yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dada and baba (which we think she is using for mama).  At least I tell myself so, because to think I could score 3rd or lower place in her word list offends the s hit out of me.  lol

• This evening when DH left for work, Abigail told him 'bye,' and blew him kisses. It was really sweet.
    She also says Mama, and I think that's the only one she says that means anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"