Special Needs

Brag Day Wednesday...

Annnd GO!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Wednesday...

• Today was a "banner day" according to the speech therapist. Garrett, who has no words and very few approximations made sounds for "go", "open' and "all done". He also POINTED TO AN APPLE IN A BOOK!!! Huge news b/c he usually turns the flips through and never really acknowledges that there are pictures on the pages.  

AJ pointed to the speech therapist's eye and said "eye" unprompted. He also used 2 syllable word approximations, never has done that before. 

Happy camper over here!! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS has been showing me things! Like, bringing them over to me to show them to me. Love it. Also, we often ask him "what does this animal say?" and he can answer many of them. He can also now answer the question "What does Mama say?"with an approximation of "I love YOU!". I know he doesn't really know what it means, but he's certainly never attempted to say a phrase before, so it's awesome. Plus, it melts my heart:)
  • Loading the player...
  • We have been having potty training success (knock on wood).  We have gone from Pull-Ups, to going in underwear, to going in the potty after running around bottomless all day, to going in the potty after wearing underwear, to going after fully clothed, to peeing standing up (his own idea!) in a Friday-Wednesday span.  No accidents at all yesterday!

• DS has started using two word combinations!!! He has said "me want" "I go" and "more open" all in the last week. WOOT!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS2 (finally) got his walker this past Wednesday. He has started saying "poopy" sometimes after he poops so maybe potty training is in the somewhat near future.
  • DS made it through his eye surgery (myectomy on both eyes) with flying colors. He did not need the "happy juice" before hand because he was so calm and well-behaved. He has done really well not touching his eyes, and I actually think they are much straighter now! Woohoo! :)

• I've been feeling very loved lately. DD1 has been giving me kisses out of the blue, not to mention that DD2 will plop onto my lap and say, "Wuf you! Wuf you!" :)

DD1 has been making up her own songs. Like, she'll say she wants to sing the ladybug song, and when DH and I ask what that is, she starts singing, "Ladybug, ladybug" to the tune of Jingle Bells. Or "Target guitar" (no idea where this one came from). 

And this one really got me. DD2 finally said "Sophie" properly yesterday morning, instead of "Showie," which is her usual pronunciation. We were waiting outside DD1's preschool class before drop-off, and DD1 had been playing with a couple of other girls -- but when she heard DD2 say that, she stopped, giggled, said "Thank you, Elsa!" and gave DD2 a hug. I know she has seemed annoyed at times that DD2 couldn't say her name right, but I loved it that she noticed the very first time DD2 pronounced it correctly, and showed DD2 that she appreciated it. :)

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Love the new siggy pic Assembly!!
  • I thought of one more. I'm finally calling DS2 a crawler. He has been crawling (4pt/hands and knees) for a month and a half now, but he is finally 4pt crawling most of the time now!
  • Amelie has started making a 'buh' sound. She is also responding to her name about half of the time.
    Anniversary Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"