August 2012 Moms

info for betas,try to breathe girls! :)

So I know most of us who are getting beta's are for a concern or something..mine are due to the fact that I have a previous loss just this summer (july at 11 wks 4 days and I have PCOS which ups my risk for m/c)....nothing is worse then WAITING for the beta's so try not to stress...remember, what's most important is that they double by the second beta BUT none of us are medical professionals so DONT freak out off of anyones advice...and dont get "stuck" on a certain number, just because one dr. wants their patient to be at a certain number, doesnt mean its the same for you..here is a link to give you an idea of beta info and reassure you that there is a RANGE, not a set number you should be at....

https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

Progesterone levels are at your doctors discretion and they will contact you if suppositories are necessary...

Best wishes to my beta girls!!

Edited to add: that doubling is the general count as far as the 48 hour increase because its easy to say "double" but they would also just like to see a 65% increase in the number if it hasnt quite doubled.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: info for betas,try to breathe girls! :)

• Good info Lovin Life!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks so much LL! I've gotta say, that wait between beta 1 & 2 was the most stress I've felt in ages.  Maybe only comparable to the 10 seconds I had to wait when I was 18 and opening my first college acceptance letter (but stretched out to 48 hours). The wait for this 3rd one is still nerve-wracking, but nothing compared to how I was yesterday morning. ;)

Best wishes for great numbers for all (and staying away from Dr. Google!) 

Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
  • Loading the player...
  • So helpful! Thanks for sharing.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Thank you for this!  I admit, I've been looking at betabase the past couple of days while waiting for my results.  I wish there was a sight like this for progesterone though LOL.  

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Thank you for sharing this, I was wondering about it too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"