February 2012 Moms

Really people...lets think before we speak!

The woman that asked me if I am expecting a Christmas baby just made me feel super awesome. Thanks for being such a clown and just assuming things lady Angry! Best part I am really not that huge I justhave quite the bump going on, or at least that is how I felt! I really have a lack of patience for those with zero manners!!! Regardless I LOVE my bump and the little baby in there ...even if she thinks I am huge!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Really people...lets think before we speak!

• I don't understand why the pregnant women of this board get so offended if someone asks if they are due a few months before they actually are...

It doesn't seem like a big deal to me.  How is a stranger suppose to guess your due date by looking at you?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel like people just assume since you are noticably pregnant you are due around christmas, since that's the next BIG holiday! I just remind them (as politely as possible) that there are 364 other days of the year that are just as awesome to have a baby on!! Its very annoying to be asked this at least 2x a day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepreggersINschool25:

I don't understand why the pregnant women of this board get so offended if someone asks if they are due a few months before they actually are...

It doesn't seem like a big deal to me.  How is a stranger suppose to guess your due date by looking at you?

They aren't supposed to guess, that's the point.

Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am

I don't understand why the pregnant women of this board get so offended if someone asks if they are due a few months before they actually are...

I just feel like they shouldn't be attempting to GUESS your due date...if they are curious, they should just ask the simple question "when are you due?" not just start assuming things.

I totally understand.  I mean, no woman likes to talk about weight anyway, so having a stranger assume that you are due earlier than you are, could be offensive.  Sure we all grow different, but that doesn't mean we appreciate the comments. 

I, for example, have people think I am due later because I am smaller.  I feel huge, so I don't really appreciate the comments.  

• Being a woman and like most I am super insecure about my appearance, vein yes but that is just how it is. And yes don't just guess or assume clearly I am with child but there are a million other ways you can bring it to my attention without being so assuming. Just use caution and manners with pregnant emtional women that is all! And don't get me wrong I have never been more comfortable in my skin than now, I love my bump and my baby and would NOT have it any other way!

Preggers I'm with you.  I'm 5 feet tall and I'm all baby right up front.  From behind I don't even look preggo.  So when people see me they think I'm due any day now.  

To me guessing your due date is better than guessing if someone is preggers or just fat. But that's just me.   We're a sensitive bunch.  People should realize that an just smile. 

• I would just take it as this woman noticed I was pregnant, Christmas is the closest holiday, and she probably thinks it would be neat to have a Christmas baby.  But I guess that's just me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just got this comment the other day for the first time.  I think it's interesting when people guess at things like my due date and the baby's gender, but I guess that's just my way of being vein...I like to talk about myself :)
  • I get that It's annoying fielding questions, but you seem a little too angry about this. It's really no big deal
  • imagenonoemily:
    imagepreggersINschool25:

Seriously...like the old saying says, "When you assume, you make an ASS out of u and me." 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

• Yea, FIL's wife and his MIL both commented about me saying I would never make it to February and I looked like I'm about to "bust" now.  They were at our house on Thanksgiving and I just ignored them.  Yesterday I got fussed at by my doctor for only gaining 8 pounds so far and being too skinny.  He actually used the words "too skinny".  So yea, I don't look like I'm about to bust, I'm measuring on target and people are constantly surprised I'm as far along as I am and it's my second.  One of my close friends was shocked I knew what I was having already and when I told her I'm almost 29 weeks her jaw dropped and she said she couldn't believe I was that far along.  People shouldn't guess, but people don't always have filters. 
  • imagejengsu2004:
    imagenonoemily:
    imagepreggersINschool25:

Seriously...like the old saying says, "When you assume, you make an ASS out of u and me." 

From what the OP said, she asked if it was a Christmas baby.  She didn't assume anything.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm with the people who say you should ask what the due date is-- not assume (or imply as the OP lady seems to have).  Everyone's body "grows" and looks different.

I actually had a co-worker tell me I was big for how many months along I was and it bugged me.  I simply smiled and said "well, I'm just barely over 5 ft. so the baby has nowhere to go."  (What I wanted to say was that my baby is measuring exactly in the middle size wise and that you were just pregnant, are almost 6 ft. and didn't have to wear mat. until your 3rd trimester.  Shove it.)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Geez Louise, this was a simple vent. Just to get the annoyance off of my chest. I post on this message board for support not to be judged or scolded. I truly am a very mild mannered layed back kind of gal. Lesson learned I will keep posts positive and without any sort of complaining/venting. Geesh, I am not allowed a bad day or moment should I say haha!

• imagejengsu2004:
    imagenonoemily:
    imagepreggersINschool25:

Seriously...like the old saying says, "When you assume, you make an ASS out of u and me.

I like to get more to the point and tell people, "When you assume you make and ASS out of U." (I leave off the and me) Stick out tongue

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"