Multiples

Tell me if your twins went through the "witching hour".

My twins are 6 weeks this Friday. Yesterday at our month appointment the dr warned us about the upcoming "witching hour". 
Is it without a doubt that my girls will go through this?  Do all children? 
Also, how long does it last?

Re: Tell me if your twins went through the "witching hour".

• I thought they did, but basically it meant that's when they needed their bedtime to be. It was earlier than I expected - before 6:00. I don't think it's a phase - evenings are still hard when they're tired.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did and it was horrible!! They were eating every 3 hours then & their last feeding was at 6, but didn't want to go to sleep afterwards, so I always kept them up and then 1-2 hours later it was a break down fuss fest that I had no idea how to fix. Turns out that they wanted another feed and then bed. It lasted  about a month and then we were able to adjust their feedings and get them back on track, but I definitely don't miss the "witching hour"!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • yes, they went through it and are still in it if we try to push their bedtime too far out.  It started around 6pm every night. 
    TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Currently going through it... Almost every evening any time after 5pm and lasts on and off for about 3-4 hours.  Sometimes they take turns on who is the fussiest and sometimes they are both really bad.  It started shortly after their original due date.  The good news is that they sleep through the night now and are generally happy or napping babies during the day.  I think if yours are already 6 weeks and you haven't had it, they might not get it.

• One of mine did. Thank goodness it wasn't both of them because he was only somewhat happy being held. If I wanted to make dinner, I had to wear him in a sling. It helped when we figured out that he wanted to eat more. At first we thought that if he just ate, he must not be hungry. Ha! So much for that idea. Turned out this kid just wanted to eat every hour all evening long!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My girls are in the midst of it.  They are pretty happy and easygoing all day but 5 p.m hits and all bets are off.  They can be consoled but it takes two people at home paying full attention to them. They also eat constantly during that time.  I'm hoping it ends soon.  Poor DH comes home to nothing but fussing babies - he was home late the other morning and he was like "wow these are happy girls"
  • Mine are younger than yours but I feel like we are already going through that. It starts any time between 4 and 5pm. Sometimes they stop fussing around 7 or 8pm but sometimes R keeps going until around midnight and will.not.sleep. DH gets home around 6:30 so I am watching the clock and calling to see if he's going to be on time. It's rough after being alone with them all day to deal with it alone before he gets home. 
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"