Baby Jogger City Mini as travel/umbrella stroller? — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby Jogger City Mini as travel/umbrella stroller?

So my MIL asked if I was putting a lighter weight/ umbrella stroller on my registry for travel ad quick trips (I am getting UB Vista as main stroller) - Is the Baby Jogger City Mini a good choice for that purpose? I saw it in the store and was light and easy to fold but wondering if anyone else used it for this purpose- Thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Jogger City Mini as travel/umbrella stroller?

• That's our lightweight stroller. For my lifestyle I don't see any use for an actual umbrella type. I find them uncomfortable to push and not so comfy for the kids after they get used to our nice fancy strollers. So we went with the City Mini and no regrets. It's easier to open and close than any umbrella imo.
  • We have that exact combo - UB Vista for our main stroller and the BJCM for travel(it also stays in DH's car).  We travel quite a bit and the CM has been fantastic(one-handed open/close, extended sunshade, reclines, pushes easily, etc), my only two complaints are the brake is a pain with sandals(or maybe I'm just a wuss) and the basket is so much smaller/harder to get to than the UB.  While we LOVE our UBV, I'm glad we have the CM for travel. 
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2vwwz9d.jpg[/IMG]
  • image GirlWithTheMostCake:
    That's our lightweight stroller. For my lifestyle I don't see any use for an actual umbrella type. I find them uncomfortable to push and not so comfy for the kids after they get used to our nice fancy strollers. So we went with the City Mini and no regrets. It's easier to open and close than any umbrella imo.
    This exactly
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just bought one for this purpose last weekend! We also have a bugaboo for our normal stroller.
    Diagnosed with Stage IV Endo via Lap, 8/10
    Started TTC, 11/10
    Excision via Lap (60% of ovary removed), 5/11
    IVF #1, 8/11 C/P :(
    Surprise BFP, 9/6/11!
    Betas, 179/307/1160
    Heartbeat of 111, 9/26/11
    Heartbeat of 176, 10/12/11
    Confirmed GIRL!!!! 11/25/11
    BabyName Ticker
  • Our CM is our travel/car stroller as well- we got the travel bag for it for flying too.  We have a bumbleride indie for our walking stroller.
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/24wtzj7.jpg[/IMG]
  • I love my city mini as a travel stroller. Its the best out there. The fold is so easy, one hand and its really light. City Mini
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards