January 2012 Moms

CPW: hypothetical adoption

Re: CPW: hypothetical adoption

• I picked 5-10 because if we do go adoption which is likely we want an international adoption. In our area more people have had success adopting older children internationally than babies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we have the 3 we want for now. But once the other two are well into college we would consider adopting one close in age maybe 1-2 years younger than our youngest daughter. So 13-14yrs old. Which in my experience is rare amongst foster children.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have pretty much already decided that once we hit 4 kids we will either adopt 2 more or adopt 1 and have 1 more naturally if we can.  I would prefer to adopt 2 but that's still up for discussion!  Because we would be adopting pretty much right after having our own kids, and we would likely do in country, we would be adopting a baby of infant age or around the same age of our youngest kid.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• i'm not voting because no answer applies to me

we'd be open to adopting any age, the most important thing is that we click (open to foster then adopt)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister was adopted when she was 6. Besides having undiagnosed aspbergers which was like the the result of predisposition and years without and consistent human contact, she had/has severe reactive attachment disorder, and will always have to have a legal guardian. Life is incredibly difficult for her and my mother trying to make things as "normal" as possible. I think that ever child deserves a chance, and maybe I am selfish, but I wouldn't think twice before adopting a kid under 4. Above 4, I would need to be really sure about the kid and the history. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"