Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

how much are you spending on diapers?

What is an approximate monthly spending on diapers?  I know that it may vary.... but just looking for a general consensus.

Thanks!

Re: how much are you spending on diapers?

• Options
    I shop on diapers.com and I get a giant box for around $45 that lasts me approx. a month.  Thats for diapers at home and at daycare.  After the first month or so your LO goes through less diapers daily.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use target brand... currently wearing size 2's.... they come in boxes of 96. $13.99 a box. We use roughly 2.5 boxes a month. so about $30 or so a month averaged out. It's not so bad!

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We cloth diaper, so we (hopefully) will spend around $300 from 2 months old until she is potty trained... :o)

And we love it which is more important

• Options
    We cloth diaper and use cloth wipes, and have spent about $350 to get a stash.  I started cloth diapering at 4 weeks and love it, never had diaper rash and hate having use to use disposables.  Haven't noticed a drastic increase in energy and water bills.
  • Options
    We get a box of luv's diaper for about $16 and there are 82 in there. We got through about 2 to 2.5 boxes a month and then we have to buy DD#1 diapers. We use the Kroger brand and there are like 160 diapers for $20.00 and that lasts for about a month. So we are looking at maybe $60 a month in diapers. Not to bad. I always wondered why the smaller diapers came in smaller amount and the larger one came in larger amounts. I think it should be the other way around since at first you go through a million diapers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Between $30-$45 a month depending on which brand we order. We get them from amazon mom. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Right now probably about $50/month. We use Huggies Pure and Natural and just get them from Target right now. A box of 70something is $20. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    we do amazon subscribe and save and I got a box yesterday of size 1 - 196 diapers for $35.79 and that lasts about a mth give or take a couple of days. the best part is they automatically show up at my door. we do this for wipes as well. love it!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We use pampers and probably spend about $50 a month. They are size 2's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days
  • Options
    we now use pampers which we are on size 2 and pay about $50 a month. I tried the up and up brand from target and LO got a TERRIBLE diaper rash. After that we stay with pampers......side note....my sister and two other friends had the same experience, my pedi sees many cases of diaper rash after using up and up....just say''n be careful!
    Lynette Kaitlyn Jones arrived August 23rd, 2011! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    imagekellydw:
    we do amazon subscribe and save and I got a box yesterday of size 1 - 196 diapers for $35.79 and that lasts about a mth give or take a couple of days. the best part is they automatically show up at my door. we do this for wipes as well. love it!!!
    This. Its so cheap!
  • Options
    We use cloth, so about $300 for my stash.I'll probably had more before potty training, just 'cause I love buying diapers. So I think we're looking at $500 or so till potty training.
  • Options
    Amazon all the way!! 246 Pampers Baby Dry Size 2 for $37. That lasts us a couple days shy of a month.

Sara 7/7/11
    Proof that pull and pray does not work if you are an Atheist.~Bethie
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I buy the pampers swaddlers at Babies R Us. They are $45.99 for 204. I looked into Amazon but they are only like a $2 cheaper plus you have to pay shipping. I actually buy all my formula and diapers at BRU. You would be surprised at how much cheaper it is than Target, Sams and Wal-mart. I did price comparisons for everything. They run so many specials all the time!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

We don't spend much on diapers!

We use Amazon Mom and get a huge box of Luvs (258 diapers) for $26.  We never use the entire box in one month. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I subscribed on Amazon Mom and get a box of 234 Size 3 LUV's Diapers for $29/ mth...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We pay $40 a month including tax (free shipping) for Pampers Size 2 in a 248 count. We go through amazon mom and did it when they still offered the 30% off subscribe and save. I like that amazon ships to my door and that there is no tax!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We use cloth during the day and 1 disposable at night because we couldn't get the leaks figured out.  

We use Luvs.  A pack costs $7 and lasts a month.  

For our cloth diapers, we've spent about 250 for diapers.  However, I sold his newborn prefolds for basically what I paid for them.   So, that could be subtracted from the total.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I have only spent $60 in 3 months... I stocked up on diapers before DD was born, and got most of them fairly cheap w/ coupons.  She is 13 weeks now, and will be in Size 1's for another few weeks.  I probably have about 500-600 Size 2's stockpiled, so I won't need to buy diapers until well into the new year.  Once I have to start buying them, I will probably buy on Amazon unless I get killer deals w/ coupons.
  • Options

We do Amazon Mom and Subscribe & Save, and use Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, which are a bit more expensive than the non-Sensitive (same price, but fewer per box).  Right now we're getting a box of 168 for $35, and it's lasting us a solid month, maybe a bit more, but DS is 5 months old now and goes through far fewer diapers.  

Still, I think it was always around $30/month, so $1/day.  The first month, maybe a teeny bit more. 

To the poster who said they'd have to pay shipping on Amazon - no, that's wrong.  Even if you don't have Amazon Mom, shipping is free for orders over $25.  If you sign up for Amazon Mom, you get Amazon Prime shipping (2-day on orders of any size) for free.  Amazon Mom is free to sign up, and your Prime membership gets extended by a month every time you buy $30 worth of baby stuff (i.e. a case of diapers).  Amazon Mom gives you a 5% discount on diapers, and Subscribe & Save gives you a 15% discount.  You can cancel the Subscribe & Save at any time, with 1 click, and then just sign up again when you want your next shipment.  Very very easy, no commitment whatsoever.

Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just checked out amazon mom. It said it's "full" and to join the waiting list. Any idea how long that may be?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"