June 2011 Moms
Options

Why must MIL do that? :(

Last night we were reviewing pictures from Thanksgiving and saw one with MIL making a face, almost like a puckered lips face that celebs do to look thinner or pout their lips in front of the camera? She was holding Liv and she had of course her hand in her face as she was sucking her fingers. So I said "awww...this is cute. But MIL is making a face!" (I am collecting MIL and Liv's photos for a Christmas gift album to her). DH: "ya, well she was sucking on her fingers." So I was like well of course Liv is. We go through all of them again until we were back to the said picture. I was like "haha that's really a funny face MIL is making! Should I include this in the album?" DH goes: "that's fine. I told you she was sucking on her fingers." I took a few seconds to process that and said "well Liv always sucks on her fingers, duh." and DH says "no..my mom was sucking on Liv's hands. She had Liv's fingers in her mouth that's why she looks like that." 

Why do people think it's okay to do this!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why must MIL do that? :(

• Options
    That's just...odd.  Has germy as a human mouth is, why is she doing that especially knowing that babies (at least mine) LOVE to suck on their own hands.
  • Options
    that would really make me mad.  my inlaws are visiting now and i have yelled at them everyday about not kissing his hands, washing their hands (they both have runny noses) and to hold my babys butt when they pick him up...he is 19lbs and does not like to be held by his arms.  ahhhh....inlaws!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would rather a dog lick Ty's hand then an adult put his hands in their mouth.  Adults should know better, dogs and children don't.  The human mouth is so dirty!  It's one thing for him to put his hand in his own mouth - that's his own germs, but seriously other people - just don't! 

And, I say this as someone that isn't a germaphobe.  I know babies are exposed to germs, and I'm fine with that, but that's one where I draw the line. 

• Options
    Yeah.... That's just weird... My mom jokes like she's going to do that with K (because K's always got her fingers in her mouth). My mom will joke around and say stuff like "Do those taste good? Can I have a bite?" And then she'll pretend to make a motion like she's going to suck on her hand....but never actually does it.... Indifferent
    forum
  • Options
    I totally put my daughter's hands in my mouth. It makes her laugh, and I will do just about anythign that makes her laugh. Smile
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageCarlaAndJames:
    I totally put my daughter's hands in my mouth. It makes her laugh, and I will do just about anythign that makes her laugh. Smile

Me too. She shoves them in there.

• Options
    I don't get why people would want to have a baby's hands in their mouth- Maya's hands are always slobbery and then she touches things, gets dog hair stuck to them, etc.  I'm always wiping her hands- who would want that it their mouth?  I can understand if it's your kid- it's slightly less gross, but anyone else gets the side-eye from me on that one.
  • Options
    That's disgusting!!!!  And then I'm sure Liv put her hand back in her own mouth and now had MIL's germs and saliva in her mouth! I would say something, that's so nasty!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageDani0701:
    That's disgusting!!!!  And then I'm sure Liv put her hand back in her own mouth and now had MIL's germs and saliva in her mouth! I would say something, that's so nasty!

It is disgusting!

I didn't hear about my SIL saying something about not doing that. She is a quarter away from finishing dentistry and she made a comment once on her brother (DH) kissing Liv's hands saying he shouldn't do that because he passes on germs to Liv by doing that, blah blah blah. So apparently it's okay for MIL to do this but no hand kisses from daddy???? Ugh!!!!

I can't believe my husband didn't say anything about it! It makes me more mad the more I think about it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"