Secondary IF

? for those with IF issues with 1st LO

Hopefully, this question is asked in the right place, if not please let me know.

My H and I have recently decided to start TTC our second LO. In order to conceive our first one we did 6 cycles of IUIs, clomid and trigger shots (it took about 2 years of TTC). We actually conceived on our "off" cycle but I think the clomid actually started ovulation for me. So now that we want to try again I am wondering if we go back to the RE or should we try on our own for a while?

Backstory- I have stage 4 endo, had one fallopian tube and ovary removed. It was also discovered that I wasn't ovulating regularly until I was put on clomid. My H has a low sperm count. TIA for your help.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ? for those with IF issues with 1st LO

• Your DD is beautiful!  We did "try" on our own for a while but my IF issues are complete annovulation as a result of PCOS, so I knew, as soon as I got my cycles back, that we'd have the same problem. 

We returned to the RE right after my DD turned 2 and went back to the same protocol that got us our DD.  We're in our second cycle right now and so far so good (I'm very early pregnant) but my advice would be to not wait too long because I have to tell you I was very disappointed that our first stimmed cycle back with the RE with the same combo of meds that worked the first time didn't work again -- it was hard to think it would still take multiple cycles with the RE when we knew the issues, kwim?

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would head straight to the RE. My RE said that he looks at how many pregnancies you've had within a span of time. If it's less than one a year since you started trying for kids, then he says that intervention is probably needed. Good luck!
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGypsyEsq:

Your DD is beautiful!  We did "try" on our own for a while but my IF issues are complete annovulation as a result of PCOS, so I knew, as soon as I got my cycles back, that we'd have the same problem. 

We returned to the RE right after my DD turned 2 and went back to the same protocol that got us our DD.  We're in our second cycle right now and so far so good (I'm very early pregnant) but my advice would be to not wait too long because I have to tell you I was very disappointed that our first stimmed cycle back with the RE with the same combo of meds that worked the first time didn't work again -- it was hard to think it would still take multiple cycles with the RE when we knew the issues, kwim?

Good luck!

Pretty much exactly this above. We tried for a few months on our own but knowing my PCOS issues and I wasn't ovulating, we went pretty quickly to the RE. I was disappointed when it didn't work out exactly like it did with #1 (first IUI was BFP) but it did work on our 5th IUI with same protocol.

Good luck!!

IUI #5 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI 10/15 = BFP

Beta #1 27 (13 dpo) Beta #2 143 (16 dpo) Beta #3 436 (19 dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you all for your help. I think we will try on our own for the next cycle and call the RE for an appointment. I am not looking forward to TTC again since it was a long process of lots of ups and downs.

GypsyEsq- thanks! Your DD is adorable as well. I wish you the best in your Preg. and hopefully it sticks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went right back to the RE (though tried on our own while we had testing and before/after the lap surgery I needed before we started treatment). My dx is actually different this time--PCOS before, endo/low AMH now. I'd probably go back to the RE, if only to discuss options and find out what kinds of testing you need to do this time before you start.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went back to the RE right away. I have PCOS and rarely ovulate on my own so we knew there was no reason to waste time.  We started right away with the protocol of clomid and TI that resulted in DD, but after several cycles of no luck we moved on to femera and eventually injectables and IUI.
    DD: Grace (8/19/2007)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD: Harper (11/27/2011) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"