Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Poll: Your baby's sleeping

The other day I heard a comment that most babies start STTN at around age of 3 months. Somehow I didn't believe that. Let's see how are the babies on this board doing.
[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Your baby's sleeping

• I voted 4-6 hour stretches.  Harlow goes down about 7:30, and is up around 1:30 to eat, and then she's back up again around 4:30-5:00.  For about a month she was sleeping from 8:30-4:30 every night and then back down until 7:00 or 8:00.  I miss those days, especially because now it's a HUGE struggle to get her to sleep until 6:00 after her second wake-up.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Where is the SS? DD#2 just hopefully (crosses fingers) got over the 4mw. She was sleeping before that from 11:00 until 7:30 most nights. Some night we would have to go in there are 4:30 or 5 to give her a paci but then she would go back to sleep. I am hoping that this happens again soon. Waking e er 1 to 2 hours a night is a nightmare.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejbell0202:
     For about a month she was sleeping from 8:30-4:30 every night and then back down until 7:00 or 8:00. 
    After 3.5 months of waking up every 1.5-2 hr to nurse, Ian finally had started sleeping 7 hours stretches. I had to enjoy that for a little over 2 weeks, and then we had to switch to formula because of his blood in stool issues. No more blood in stool now, but we don't get that long sleeping stretches anymore. I also voted 4-6 hours.
  • I voted > 6 hour stretches, but really, it's a crapshoot.  He was STNN (7PM - 4AM) for about 2 weeks, but the 4mw hit us and it's been hit or miss ever since.  Some nights he has a > 6 hour stretch at the beginning of the night and then is up every 1-2 hours after that.  Other nights, he is up every half hour to an hour all night long.
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I voted longer than 6 hours, but my LO changes.  Sometimes he STTN and sometimes not. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejbell0202:
    I voted 4-6 hour stretches.  Harlow goes down about 7:30, and is up around 1:30 to eat, and then she's back up again around 4:30-5:00.  For about a month she was sleeping from 8:30-4:30 every night and then back down until 7:00 or 8:00.  I miss those days, especially because now it's a HUGE struggle to get her to sleep until 6:00 after her second wake-up.

this is exactly us! he was going down at 8pm and would wake up at 3:30 for a bottle and then asleep till 7:30, now we have a 12/1am feeding plus the 4/5am and Idk if I created that because its the only thing that will get him to fall back asleep in his crib BUT if I put him in our bed he will go right back to sleep and wake at 4 or so for a bottle and then I can put him back in his crib, babies.... so complicated ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • she sometimes sleeps through the night.  In the past two months I would say about 40% of the time and this would be 10-11 hr stretches.  Last night we got another 10.5 hr stretch!!! YAY!  Other nights its 8pm to anywhere between 2 and 4am.  I don't mind it thought; she's up bc she is hungry.  She will down a 6oz bottle in 10 minutes and be back in her crib.  I am up for 25 min tops. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine does 4-6 hours stretches and then usually needs to eat.  Down at 7:30 up around 12:30 or 1 to eat, then eats again around 4:30-5:00, up for the day at 7:00.  She does longer stretches every once in awhile. She's 4 months.
  • I think a lot of those sources are outdated--most babies probably were sleeping through the night around 3 months back when CIO was popular. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • DS has STTN (11-12hrs) since he was around 3 months old. And I'm not lying. But I truly believe its very rare!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh this is depressing me! My DD is almost 6 months and still up 3+ times a night to eat. She sometimes can get 4-5 hours in the first stretch of night, but after that it is exactly every 2-3 hours.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageseattlestef:
    Ugh this is depressing me! My DD is almost 6 months and still up 3+ times a night to eat. She sometimes can get 4-5 hours in the first stretch of night, but after that it is exactly every 2-3 hours.

Im sorry. :( maybe once you start solids (have you started yet?) maybe your LO will sleep better. I noticed that DS started waking up in TMOTN out of no where for about a week & once I started giving him rice cereal once a day he went right back to STTN. I don't think he was getting enough calories during the day to help him STTN. IDK if this is really the case or it was a coincidence, but maybe you can try it??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Isn't STTN and 6+ hours the same? I voted STTN but maybe I should have voted 6+. She goes to bed around 8:30-9:30pm and wakes up around 6:00-7:00am. She will fuss a few times at night for her binky but not to eat, which I don't mind! She has STTN since about 2 months old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days
  • My little boy started sleeping 7 or 8 PM- 6 PM about 2 weeks ago.  He's 14 weeks tomorrow.  I feel blessed, but am terrified he'll start waking up again at 4 months!
  • 7 or 8 PM- 6 AM... sorry.
  • imageseattlestef:
    Ugh this is depressing me! My DD is almost 6 months and still up 3+ times a night to eat. She sometimes can get 4-5 hours in the first stretch of night, but after that it is exactly every 2-3 hours.

Sounds familiar...

DS is only 3 months (well, in a few days), but for weeks he has been sleeping a good stretch (4-6 hrs) his first sleep, and then is up every 1 to 2 1/2 hrs.  If i dont sleep during his 1st stretch, I don't sleep :-/

• DD was a terrible sleeper at first. She would only sleep 45min-1.5hr stretches! At 5 weeks, she started sleeping 4 hour stretches. At 6 weeks, 6 hour stretches. 12 weeks, 10 hour stretches, and now (5mo), she sleeps from 8:30pm- 8:00am (12 hrs).

It will get better! GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS sleeps from 7pm-4am, nurses, and then sleeps until 7am (or so). He's only up for about 20 minutes, so he's *almost* sleeping 12 hrs! 3 weeks ago, he was getting up at 1 and then 4. For 2-3 nights, I gave him his pacifier and rubbed his back when he woke up at 1, and he stopped waking up then! I tried the same thing with the 4am feeding the last couple nights, but it's not working.

Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SSTN is sleeping 5-6hours...
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• My DS was sleeping great at night until he hit three months, and then it all went to sh!t. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"