Stay at Home Moms

Embarassing moment

I was shopping in Kohls this morning. DS was behaving holding my hand until I let go for a second when my purse caught on a clothes rack. He took the opportunity and bolted. Of course I took off after him, but I don't move that fast anymore.

One of the workers loudly yelled "No Running" from the jewelry counter. Then when I caught him (almost in front of her), she yelled at me again not to run. Embarrassed

I turned and just stared at her a bit dumbfounded. She then apologized and said that she thought I was a kid.

I'm in my 30's and it's during school hours, but thanks for the compliment and embarassing me, I guess?

Everyone was staring at me. I felt like such an idiot.

I am Turkey Lurkey... b/c it sounded better than Cocky-Locky.

Re: Embarassing moment

• Are you kidding?  Wow, I can't believe they yelled at you.  That's crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagescatteredtrees:

At least she thought she was yelling at a kid and wasn't yelling at an adult?

I can relate though- recently someone came to the door and asked if my mom was home. Awesome.

That happened to me too about a month ago! Two ladies asked if I was still in high school. I know I look a few years younger than my actual age, but I don't look half of my age.

At least the jewelry counter lady wasn't 3 feet from my face like the people at my door. I don't know what they were thinking. lol

I am Turkey Lurkey... b/c it sounded better than Cocky-Locky.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't believe she yelled at you!  I would have been so embarrassed and I probably would have said something to her, lol!
  • They may have been staring at you but thinking, "What is that lady yelling about?  She's just catching her kid..."  It was pretty unprofessional of her to do that though. 

I probably would have turned to her and said, "Oops, I forgot the leash at home!"

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate Kohl's.  I was in there about three years ago with my boys when LO was a baby, and this dried up old hag walked past me and hissed "birth control" under her breath.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"