Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Another ? for you girls...sorry

Did anyone have an US that showed HB but doc said to expect to miscarry? I can't think, I can't eat.. Every twinge I have I wonder if "it's" coming.  I'm miserable and I don't go back to the OB until Monday.  

What am I supposed to expect? I feel totally unprepared.  I'm not spotting anymore, no cramps...my only complaint is that I have a "heaviness" in my bottom that comes and goes.  

I'm a mess.... anything you can offer would to help answer questions would be so greatly appreciated.  

Re: Another ? for you girls...sorry

• imageJRomeH:

Yes...my lo had a heartbeat, but was measuring more than a week behind, and the sac was measuring small too. There was still a heartbeat and a week's worth of growth, but the sac was still small, and with a hb of 127, the dr said it was slow and gave me a 10% chance of a successful pregnancy.  The next week, there was another week of growth, still small sac, and no longer a heartbeat, which had probably stopped beating just a day or 2 prior.  It was heartbreaking, but the dr definitely was expecting me to m/c.  I never had bad cramping, or any spotting.  I m/c nearly a week later.

I hope for a better outcome for you, t&p to you. 

Thank you.  My story is similar.  I went in at 7w3 days and babe was measuring 6w5d (no mention of small sac) with a HR of 128.  Had cramping/spotting over weekend so I went back in... Babe had grown, still strong HB but this time the US tech said the sac was small (but she also said she would've never mentioned it had I not had cramping/spotting).  When I talked with the OB, he said bc the sac was small and I was cramping, that I was probably going to MC.  

How far along were you.  I am now 8w3d and I feel almost fine which I'm not sure is good, bad or otherwise.  

• I'm so sorry this is happening to you.  When we lost our pregnancy, I hadn't had an ultrasound or anything, so it was a surprise.  But I would think that the situation you're in (where you know you're going to lose it but just have to wait) would just add even more stress to an already devastating situation, and I hate that people have to go through this...the waiting is terrible, and I hope it works out for you.

I just wanted to say, though, that my miscarriage wasn't very physically painful, even though I was at 10 wks when I miscarried.  At the hospital, I rated my pain as a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.  So, if it's any consolation, try not to be afraid of pain.  You can probably ask your doctor for some pain meds if you wanted, and that will help with the cramping should that come.  Every woman is different.  I bled for about a week after a week of light spotting (it gradually got heavier) and had surprisingly mild cramps throughout the first couple days of heavy (period-like) bleeding. I would feel like I needed to make a BM, and then I would pass various parts of tissue -- this happened 3 separate times.  That was kind of traumatic.  Then the bleeding gradually tapered off...

Hopefully you will at least be spared from a lot of physical pain...Heating pads, a glass of wine, and ibuprofen helped me through it :-/  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • That sounds exactly like my experience. I just took ibuprofen and used warm compresses. Honestly, had I never had a suspicion that I was pregnant I may have never known what was happening to me. I would have just thought I was having a longer, heavier, and way more crampy/uncomfortable period.

Hope this helps! Sorry for your loss!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"