Infertility Veterans
Options

Holiday Poll Time

1.) What's your favorite holiday song?

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song?

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays?

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays?

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions?

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets?

TTC 12/2009
Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
E & C Born 10/19/2012
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Holiday Poll Time

• Options
    .) What's your favorite holiday song? O Holy Night  (gives me chills every time I hear it)

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? Any Christmas song sung by The Chipmunks

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? Playing with my play-doh hair salon on the kitchen floor while still in my PJs while my mom made breakfast.

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? hmmm... can't think of anything. I do love pumpkin pie, but that's more Thanksgiving than Christmas

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? not really. we do Secret Santa, does that count? ;-)

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? of course!! He has his own stocking too.

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Options
    imagejessican08:

1.) What's your favorite holiday song?  Little Drummer Boy.

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song?  there are a lot I don't like...can't think of the names though.  Jingle Bells No

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays?  Driving home from big family xmas party on xmas Eve and looking at the lights and trying to find rudolph in the sky... believing Santa was for realz.

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays?  ?? Can't think of anything.

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions?  Not really, lol.

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets?  No, I have in the past, but not lately. My husbands Grandma usually buys them a bone or some chew toy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? Little Drummer Boy

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? I am not sure the name of it but it was played over and over and over when I worked at Amer.ican Eag.le for the holidays. It was awful. I still hear it now. 

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? I have so many. I loved the holidays growing up. 

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? wine. does that count?

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? We have to work it around DH's schedule so we dont celebrate at the same time others do usually. We do the same breakfast, we do Elf on the Shelf, we leave cookies and milk.

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? absolutely

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Options

Big Smile YAY

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? My favorite non-traditional holiday song is Wintersong by Sarah McLachlan. Favorite traditional is a toss up between Happy Xmas (war is over) or Have yourself a Merry little Christmas.

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? Dominic the Donkey. So annoying.

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? Me and my cousin Doug are very close, like brother and sister especially since we are only children. Him and I would play "waiter" to my family on Christmas Eve and serve food to everyone. I don't know why, maybe we were trying to score a few points with Santa. lol. That anticipation for the next morning was always the best feeling.

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? Stuffed mushrooms! And spiced wine! mmm!

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? Not really. We always do Christmas Eve at my aunt's house and she always has those holiday "poppers" - those things with the cheapy toys and a joke inside. It's stuff that probably ends up in the garbage, but we always have to do them. We used to crack the peppermint pig, but we stopped doing it a while back.

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? Absolutely!! I got my pup a sweater, a bone, some treats and a toy. My cats got treats, a toy and a new scratcher.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? There?s No Place Like Home For the Holidays and Baby It?s Cold Outside

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? I don?t know why but Frosty The Snowman ( it think because I always cried when I was a kid when Frosty melted..lol)

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? The Smell of the house when my mom would bake mixed with the pine from the tree.

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? Homemade Pierogi?s

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? Midnight mass and We do a Polish tradition where you break a wafer with everyone wishing them blessings of some sort.

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? Yes!! They are Spoiled.

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

• Options
    imagejessican08:

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? Religious:Adeste Fidelis-Josh Groban version, Non-religious: Last Xmas-Wham. I have loved George Michael longer than I've know my husband Stick out tongue

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? That deck the halls synthesizer one.

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? Being with both sets of Grandparents-and the year i got my dollhouse was the best!

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? My mom's seafood in marinara sauce....calamari,lobster,scallops,etc. Or any of the cookies we have been making for years

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? A polish thing called apuatec-it's like communion bread and you wish merry Xmas to everyone and give them a piece of it.

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? don't have any

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? I love "O Holy Night" and "The Little Drummer Boy". Without fail, I start crying when I hear the part about Baby Jesus smiling up at the Drummer Boy!

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? The Christmas Shoes  

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? My mom used to give my sister and I window candles for our rooms even though they faced the back of the house. I would always put a colored light bulb in mine (one of those big fat ones from the 80s!) and I remember how much I loved sleeping with that in my room. 

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? My mom's sprtiz cookies with almond frosting and cherries on top and her chocolate coconut bars....Mmmmmmm.

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? Not really, we always open one gift each Christmas Eve but that's about it. Then of course we watch "A Christmas Story" while we open gifts since it's on an infinite loop!

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? Yes. I even wrap them and love to watch him try to unwrap them. He seems to like the ripped up paper more than the gifts I get him!

TTC 12/2009
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
  • Options

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? Stevie Wonder - What Christmas Means To Me

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? I'm not sure the names, I quickly change the station!

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? On the way home from my cousins on Christmas Eve, listening to the dj's on the radio tell us where Santa was last spotted and us trying to find him in the sky and get home before he got to our house

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? Pasatelli Soup

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? I don't think so

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? I don't have my own pet but I do buy something for my dog-niece Geeked

• Options
    imageamaksym05:

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? There?s No Place Like Home For the Holidays and Baby It?s Cold Outside

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? I don?t know why but Frosty The Snowman ( it think because I always cried when I was a kid when Frosty melted..lol)

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? The Smell of the house when my mom would bake mixed with the pine from the tree.

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? Homemade Pierogi?s

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? Midnight mass and We do a Polish tradition where you break a wafer with everyone wishing them blessings of some sort.

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? Yes!! They are Spoiled.

We're making homeade pierogi's on Friday!!!!!! I can't wait!

• Options
    imageamaksym05:

Yum!!! I love Pierogis. I was so bummed when I moved to NC from OH...very few stores carry Piergois down here and they're always frozen. I used to go to a market up in Cleveland (where there was a large Polish population) and get fresh pierogis with every filling imaginable...they were SO good!

TTC 12/2009
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
  • Options

1.) What's your favorite holiday song?

Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song?

The Italian Christmas Donkey Ick!

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays?

One year, my mom and dad (who have been broken up since I was an infant) went in together and got me my first computer.  My dad wanted to be there when I woke up, so he came over to our house at 6am and just waited until I woke up as a surprise!

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays?

We don't have the same thing every year, so there is nothing in particular, but I am always looking forward to the meal!

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions?

My uncle used to goof around with his sisters since they were kids, so he used to ball up wrapping paper and throw it at my aunt whenever she wasn't looking.  He died almost ten years ago, but we still throw paper at her...

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets?

They have stockings that we put a little treat in, but we don't really go overboard.

imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• Options

As you may have seen over the past week, I don't really like the holidays so forgive me if my answers are a bit "Scrooge-like"...

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? Sleigh Ride performed by the Boston Pops, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by BNL w/ Sarah Mc, and Jingle Bell Rock by my boys Hall & Oates.

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song?  Ugh - The Little Drummer Boy.  Those "pa rum pa pa pom"s drive me insane!  I really can't stand any "slow" Christmas song... boooorrrrring!

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays?  Hmmmm - this is tough because there aren't many to choose from.  I guess the year we got Atari and my brother and I played it for about 8 hours straight. 

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays?  Christmas Eve is my MIL's birthday so she always orders fried chicken from a restaurant near their house.  It's really really good.

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? Nope.

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets?  Absolutely!  They have stockings and everything!

• Options
    imagejessican08:

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? EmbarrassedChipmonks Christmas Song...I also love Feliz Navidad although I'm sure that's in a lot of least fav piles...

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? not sure

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? the year I got my tv as a kid was pretty epic for a 9 year old. It was nice to be a spoiled only grandchild....

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? Baker's Square peppermint pie!!! Yum!

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? fighting?? lol. Nothing too out of the ordinary I don't think.

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? yup - and not just my own. My SIL, MIL and I all buy gifts for all the pets in the family, lol.  Usually it's toys or a new bed. This year the cats get new beds and the dogs get toys. My "niece" (dog) might need a new fleece blanket.

DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
  • Options
    imagejessican08:

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? Love Crosby/Bowie's Little Drummer Boy

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? HATE Dominic the Donkey

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? Can't think of any

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? Christmas Pie

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? A part of my Dad's family still gathers every year to make wreaths, going on at least 40 years. I lost my father 10 years ago and his sister this year, so it means a great deal to me to be able to connect with some cousins and remaining uncles this one day every year. Plus, there's nothing better than the smell of making 25-30 wreaths and it's always fun. 

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? Yes.

TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Options

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? Little drummer boy

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? I have no idea, maybe Christmas Shoes.

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? Driving around to look at Christmsas lights w/ the family.

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? Dressing

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? Not really

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? Of course!

After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejessican08:

1.) What's your favorite holiday song?  i <3 Christmas music so I have more than 1.

O Holy Night, Joy to the World and We three kings

non-Religious

Wham's Last Christmas

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song?  jingle bells with the weird music

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays?  spending Christmas with everyone on my mother's side at my Nonna's house.  I miss those big gatherings and most I miss my Nonna.

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays?  homemade fried calamari and Italian fried dough balls called struffoli

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions?  does having a pasta course for every holiday count?  what about fighting a lot, does that count?

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets?  of course, he's my baby

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options

1.) What's your favorite holiday song? Silent Night

2.) What's your least favorite holiday song? Can't think of one right now

3.) What's your favorite childhood memory from the holidays? The year my brothers and I got our Starter brand pullover sports team jackets. We were so excited and wanted to go outside right away to try them out. I have a picture of us standing in front of the tree in our pjs with our jackets on.

4.) Name one food that you look forward to all year long that you only get around the holidays? This weird pastry type thing my grandma makes...don't even know the name of it.

5.) Does your family have any special or unusual holiday traditions? We also go to my Dad's parents house for X-Mas Eve. Growing up "Santa" always stopped by while we were there and gave out little gifts to all the kids. Once Santa departed all the rest of the gifts were handed out to be opened.

6.) Do you buy gifts for your pets? I will buy them a new toy or a special bone. My mom does stockings for them since we always travel back home for the holidays.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"