Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

JJ Cole Bundle Me?...Help me decide.

I have a Chicco Key Fit 30 car seat.  I have the JJ Cole Car Seat cover that just goes over the top.  LO is getting bigger (shes about 15.5 lbs) so it hard to get her in and out of the seat with it on (it just seems the area to expose their face/head isnt big enough.  I have seen the Bundle Me which covers the inside and the outside seems just what I am looking for.  Anyone else out there using this product, especially with the Chicco car seat.  If so which one.  Original vs. Urban vs Light ect.  Could I use this in her stroller too? (I have the Chicco travel system)  Any input would help.   Thanks in advance ladies. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: JJ Cole Bundle Me?...Help me decide.

• Options

I do not use any of these products... and I might be wrong, but don't they void the car seats warranty?

• Options

Here is some more info:

https://thecarseatlady.blogspot.com/2011/01/bundle-me-everyone-uses-it-in-car-seat.html

I looks like the product you are currently using is okay - the Bundle me is not. BUt I like the idea of those Car Seat Ponchos! I just use a blanket right now...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use the regular car seat cover that just goes over the whole car seat and lets his face show.  I can't imagine having the one that would go inside the car seat too because my LO is always so hot and sweaty. 
  • Options

Same as pp, I asked about this a couple of weeks ago and found through tb and research of my own that you are not supposed to have the ones that go inside, however snuggly they do seem. I decided to go with this one, and it is great. I still put a blanket inside if it is cold out, because it is just over the car seat, but the liner is nice and thick, and soft, and still is snug enough to my big boy (16  lbs) to keep him warm enough, while the two zippers makes it easy enough to put him in or take him out without taking it off. HTH.

https://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3760591

ETA: ours is actually grey, but couldn't find that one anymore. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagejmo866:

Same as pp, I asked about this a couple of weeks ago and found through tb and research of my own that you are not supposed to have the ones that go inside, however snuggly they do seem. I decided to go with this one, and it is great. I still put a blanket inside if it is cold out, because it is just over the car seat, but the liner is nice and thick, and soft, and still is snug enough to my big boy (16  lbs) to keep him warm enough, while the two zippers makes it easy enough to put him in or take him out without taking it off. HTH.

https://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3760591

ETA: ours is actually grey, but couldn't find that one anymore. 

I had no idea you weren't supposed to get the kind that go inside.  I'm going to order a different one ASAP.  Thanks for the info.

• Options

I have the JJ Cole Bundle Me and also the Chicco Key Fit 30.

Love it. It works great. Just keep in mind that LO gets WARM fast, so if you have the heat on in your car, make sure to pull the cover down or he/she may get too warm

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.  I think I am going to try it.  We live in a very snowy and cold climate (we will have 3-5 feet of snow on the ground through the winter.  Temps can get down below zero.  I have tried a blanket, but when it is snowing/raining and the wind is blowing it is hard to keep it over her.  We keep our house pretty warm, so I usually just keep LO in a onsie.  If I just need to run to town quick I have to get her dressed, then undressed when I get home.  She usually doesnt get out of the carseat (at least at this point) It is so hard these days to decide what is good and what is bad.  I say this respectfully but sometimes I think we go overboard on what is safe or not (I am guilty of this) but it makes me wonder...how in the WORLD did we all make it through childhood alive. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSamsMom11:
    Thanks for the replies.  I think I am going to try it.  We live in a very snowy and cold climate (we will have 3-5 feet of snow on the ground through the winter.  Temps can get down below zero.  I have tried a blanket, but when it is snowing/raining and the wind is blowing it is hard to keep it over her.  We keep our house pretty warm, so I usually just keep LO in a onsie.  If I just need to run to town quick I have to get her dressed, then undressed when I get home.  She usually doesnt get out of the carseat (at least at this point) It is so hard these days to decide what is good and what is bad.  I say this respectfully but sometimes I think we go overboard on what is safe or not (I am guilty of this) but it makes me wonder...how in the WORLD did we all make it through childhood alive. 

A lot of babies/children didn't. Hence why they have changed standards and safety requirements. I didn't ride in a car seat at all, but that doesn't mean I should do the same with my kids. We were lucky and some were not.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageSamsMom11:

I agree but not when it comes to things like carseats. ESPECIALLY if I'm driving in bad weather on a regular basis. Blankets and hats people. It's not that hard. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"