Pre-School and Daycare
Options

NBR: Cheap Family Holiday Gifts - Ideas & Links Pls

So long story short; DH is always REALLY disappointed EVERY xmas; his sister and niece (adult) never give him a gift or a card or a plate of cookies, or even an Unprompted merry christmas.

Moreover they expect him to buy their teenage children lavish gifts and they give him NOTHING. We all know it is better to give, but come on...give your brother a plate of cookies!!!

Bottom line - welcome to the new economy that gravy train has stopped.

I am setting a budget of $10 per person. period.

Here is my list of genders and ages I sincerely wecolme your ideas. 

females ages: 66 50, 30, 20, 13

Males: 21, 16 

TIA A&A

On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered,"life will never be the same" Image and video hosting by TinyPicalt="Lilypie 1st Birthday Pic" width="29" height="20" border="0" /> BabyFetus Ticker

Re: NBR: Cheap Family Holiday Gifts - Ideas & Links Pls

• Options

Manicure sets:  bottle of nail polish, cotton balls, emery boards and/or orange sticks.  Betting you can get those last 3 things easily at the dollar store.

iTunes GC

Starbucks GC

Movie basket:  cheap DVD and some popcorn

Pasta night:  jar of pasta sauce (Giada de Laurentis has a great selection at Target that taste wonderful and they are about $3.50 a jar!), pasta, bread or foccacia mix or box of those thin italian breadsticks.  This might be a great idea to keep below the $10 limit.

Chocolates

Lotions or bath gels with a plastic loofah

You are generous to give them that quite frankly!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Those are GREAT Ideas Thank You!!!
    On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered,"life will never be the same" Image and video hosting by TinyPicalt="Lilypie 1st Birthday Pic" width="29" height="20" border="0" /> BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I second the Starbucks GC and chocolates.  Also, maybe some movie tickets for a matinee (sp?) movie.

BTW-I totally love your LO's picture and the heading above it.  I remember you because of that picture.  Absolutely adorable.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We recently went from a $100 limit to a $20 limit. I LOVE it! I actually put thought into presents now instead of just exchanging gift cards or finding fancy electronics that no one needs. With a $10 limit you could go to Costco and get a bottle of wine; or a six pack and a giant bag of candy; a new book; an expensive food item- like high quality olive oil or fine chocolate. My Dad loves altoids- one year I got him a giant chub pack from Costco for around $10. 

I would also suggest going the extra mile and looking on Ebay. You have a lot of people to buy for so I can see you wouldn't have time to find something for everyone- but for example, I just bought my husband a new pair of work gloves with his (rare) college logo on them for $3 on Ebay and $5 shipping. I also found a used football playbook from the year he was on the football team for under $10. For my parents I found a cool old vintage postcard of a resort they used to stay at when they were newlyweds. For my sister I spent a titch more and found and actual Tiffanys candlestick, in the blue box, for only $30 plus shipping.

You could also find Groupon type deals- pay $10 for $20 of clothing at Old Navy, for example.

For the teenagers- Itunes gift cards are probably most appreciated. Good luck, and may I say that you are SMART to put your foot down! Christmas gifts have gotten completely out of hand in my opinion. I actually request not to receive anything anymore and instead ask for favors from people, e.g. I ask my Dad to help me with a fix-it project around the house, and I asked my Mom to help me sew new curtains.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"