Preemies

Whiney Wednesday

Its been a few weeks since we did this so I know you've all got something to complain about!

Here's mine: I love love love our OT. But lately she is always late and it throws off C's nap schedule as a result. I know she is late because they just changed state policy and her job is a lot more hectic than it used to be but it makes the whole day so much harder than it needs to be!

Re: Whiney Wednesday

• As part of my job I have to get over 2000 people globally to book their time into the time reporting system by the end of day today.  I got a report on Monday showing we were 97% compliant.  Okay, cool - I was within reach of my 99.5% goal.  I *just* got a report showing us at 90%.  Oops, Monday's report wasn't including the three days from this week.

Uhm, what?  Did I mention this was global and that most of Europe is gone by now.  The guy who publishes the report is lucky he's 100 miles away from me right now!

That was more of a vent. 

Here's my whine.  Because of this screw up I may have to miss my husband's "Pictures with Santa" thing at his office this afternoon.  His company does really adorable things - like in October they had a bonfire with S'mores and Cider.  I was so excited to take Kevin.  I know we've already done pictures with Santa and it is exposure to germs but still...whine.

• I like this idea...

I am really frustrated today with my son's primary nurse in the NICU. I used to like her in the beginning but lately she has such an attitude that I can't stand when she is working. I also feel like she is holding up DS's development. She was off for a few days after he had his trach put in. The doctor's gave the okay to start bottle feeding so the nurses who were covering fed him and he was doing great. He drank full 2 oz bottles every other feeding!! She came back and she like refuses to feed him because she "doesn't want to push him". It's so frustrating because he can do it! He doesn't even have any desats when he is eating. He is a month past his due date and needs to start eating orally. I don't want her holding him back! grrrr

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The water is off in my building today.  Apparently there was some sort of emergency.  As a result it has thrown off my groove today.  Now I cannot:

- shower;

- wash the dishes;

- give Owen his bath;

- do the pile of laundry (Owen only has one clean outfit left - opps); 

- make formula and clean his bottle easily - luckily we have enough bottled water to last us until July so I've been boiling on the stove to wash them; 

- make the crockpot stew I was looking forward too because the dishes I need are dirty;

- take Owen out for our walk to meet my sister at lunch because we both are not society presentable; and 

- wash the floors in the kitchen and entry way.

Today is going to be a tv, internet and order in food day.

BPF May 12, 2013 :: EDD Janaury 22, 2013 :: MC Began On July 14, 2013 at 12W4D

Born at 34w2d:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• This is a lame whine, but here it is anyway....

The tech is coming to do a download of the twins' apnea monitors today.  She was here for over 2 hours last time!  I don't understand why on earth it takes so long.  She is super annoying and chats my ear off.  She has asked me on 2 separate occasions  if my boy/girl twins are identical, and if she asks again, she's going to get a biology lesson this time, not just a simple "no" like she has in the past!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagekelkel09:

I like this idea...

I am really frustrated today with my son's primary nurse in the NICU. I used to like her in the beginning but lately she has such an attitude that I can't stand when she is working. I also feel like she is holding up DS's development. She was off for a few days after he had his trach put in. The doctor's gave the okay to start bottle feeding so the nurses who were covering fed him and he was doing great. He drank full 2 oz bottles every other feeding!! She came back and she like refuses to feed him because she "doesn't want to push him". It's so frustrating because he can do it! He doesn't even have any desats when he is eating. He is a month past his due date and needs to start eating orally. I don't want her holding him back! grrrr

Can you ask the neos to write oral feedings in his orders? Then the nurse has to do it. Sometimes the procedural stuff makes a difference. I'm sorry though-its so hard when you know your baby can do more and it feels like they are being held back!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"