Babies: 3 - 6 Months

She preffers me?! DH feeling left out...

My 3 1/2 mo old loves her daddy, but in the last couple weeks iv noticed shes realy starting to respond much more to me  than anyone. My hubby will be talking and talking to her and she will be so serious looking then i walk up and just say hi and she breaks out into the biggest grin  ever.. or shel be crying and he will be trying to sooth her and as soon as I show up shes fine!   He adores her but I think between that, the BF and all the attention that used to go to him and now goes to her hes starting to feel outa the inner loop so to speak... I feel a little bad,, any advice?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: She preffers me?! DH feeling left out...

• Just let him do his thing with her and encourage him to take her as much as possible. I promise you there will be a time when its "Daddy, daddy daddy" and she will want nothing to do with you when he's around. I've come to learn that Dads and daughters have a totally different and special relationship than moms and daughters and I love it. It just doesn't come until a little later on. Both of my older girls go to DH first now.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • imagejessicaclare:
    Just let him do his thing with her and encourage him to take her as much as possible. I promise you there will be a time when its "Daddy, daddy daddy" and she will want nothing to do with you when he's around. I've come to learn that Dads and daughters have a totally different and special relationship than moms and daughters and I love it. It just doesn't come until a little later on. Both of my older girls go to DH first now.
      That makes me feel better.. hope its the same for my girly and her daddy :)
  • Loading the player...
  • image1plus1equals3:
    imagejessicaclare:
    Just let him do his thing with her and encourage him to take her as much as possible. I promise you there will be a time when its "Daddy, daddy daddy" and she will want nothing to do with you when he's around. I've come to learn that Dads and daughters have a totally different and special relationship than moms and daughters and I love it. It just doesn't come until a little later on. Both of my older girls go to DH first now.
      That makes me feel better.. hope its the same for my girly and her daddy :)

If your DH is already worried about this, I'm sure he's going to work hard to foster a good relationship with her. Just remind him that the payoff for that is going to be so, so worth it. :-)

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • thanks,,, I will do that before I taky Ally and myself  away for the weekend to work...   :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"