Infertility Veterans

work just told us no time off for Christmas...

as in we get no holiday days. We all thought we'd get Monday the 26th off and we do not. 

I am extremely upset.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

Re: work just told us no time off for Christmas...

• imageDeputiesWife:

as in we get no holiday days. We all thought we'd get Monday the 26th off and we do not. 

I am extremely upset.  

Bah humbug! Maybe Santa will bring you a "cough" and you'll have to call in sick Monday...  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That stinks! I'm sorry hun. I'm sure you were looking forward to the time off.
  • Loading the player...
  • What a grinch!

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • WTF! Isn't that against the law? It's the Observed Holiday since it falls on a Sunday. I'd be pissed! 
  • imageOrangeSmoke:

What a grinch!

ditto!!

isn't the rule when a holiday falls on a weekend you get closest weekday off?  so if on Sat you get off Fri and if on Sun you get off Mon?

what BS?

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • That is just plain awful!! ((hugs))
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • That really, really stinks.  Do you work for a small firm?
  • That sucks.  When a holiday falls on a Saturday, we get nothing off at my office. It's totally bad for morale and I never understand why a business would do that (unless it is a critical business..) Ba humbug!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• We are a private company. There is no rule that I know of. No law. Holidays are apparently a privelege. 

Last year we split the staff so there was someone here on Friday and Monday. They arent doing that this year. THey are offering double time. Im sorry I want my time with my family.

I think Im going to cry.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• I'm sorry, that's just lame. I don't know what you do for a living but I can't imagine that much is going to get accomplished on the 26th of December, nor will you be able to get a hold of other people that you may need to talk to do your job. This just seems bad for morale and not even good for productivity.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Ugh,, that is just AWFUL!

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

• imageDeputiesWife:

We are a private company. There is no rule that I know of. No law. Holidays are apparently a privelege. 

Last year we split the staff so there was someone here on Friday and Monday. They arent doing that this year. THey are offering double time. Im sorry I want my time with my family.

I think Im going to cry.  

That's very odd...I would at least think they'd offer you a floating holiday since Christmas falls on the weekend this year!

Can they not give those who want time off a day on either side of the weekend and then those that WANT to work can get the double time? You'd think it'd be a money saver for them to do it that way...jerks!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry. That is awful to do that to their employees. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • How awful! I'm so sorry. I'd be so pissed. Don't they give you a holiday calendar each year so you know what days you will have off?
  • We might not either...big,fat BOO.
  • WTF...that is ridiculous!  Can you call in sick?  That is absolutely one of the lamest things I've heard in a long time.  What jerks.  I'm so sorry. 

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• That's just crappy, can you request the day off anyway? 
  • That is ridiculous. Private company or not, how many holidays are listed in your benefits/handbook? If they're shorting you, I would definitely fight it. What nice notice too. What if you already made plans to go out of town?!
  • That stinks!
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • that sucks! Angry

our company just announced that they are having layoffs soon, so it's a pretty sucky Christmas here too. Angry

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • imageSloane99:
    I'm sorry, that's just lame. I don't know what you do for a living but I can't imagine that much is going to get accomplished on the 26th of December, nor will you be able to get a hold of other people that you may need to talk to do your job. This just seems bad for morale and not even good for productivity.

Im the assistant controller at a oil, HVAC company. We have on call people to deliver oil should customers run out, we have on- call people to fix things should they be broken. We cant draft anyone, banks are closed. We set gas prices but those will be set through the holiday weekend. There is no mail. Last year we split it up which worked out fine. Ugh. I am pretty upset.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• We dont get a list in the beginning of each year, no. They have a list of holidays. All 6 of them or something. Not many. 

We were going to go home but DH has to work a ton so we arent. My in-laws are coming.

They are paying us double time so if I call in sick I do miss that. While yes, it is nice to be paid that. Id rather be off with everyone.  I may take off on Wednesday as DH is off that day so we can do something with his family. Its extremely frustrating.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Left HugRight Hug That's a diickmove for sure. I'm sorry hun. I know how much time with family would mean to you...
    DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
  • With my new job it's the same way.

As a former teacher I'm used to 2 weeks off. I'm not happy about it.

TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • That really sucks. Double time isn't bad, hopefully it'll be a quiet day for you. I'd be tempted to slack and do online activities...
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageRachael07.07.07:
    Left HugRight Hug That's a diickmove for sure. I'm sorry hun. I know how much time with family would mean to you...

Exactly. 

Work-FAIL

• imagekthappy76:
    That really sucks. Double time isn't bad, hopefully it'll be a quiet day for you. I'd be tempted to slack and do online activities...

I will. Its going to be slow. And we will all be pretty miserable.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• :( That blows. I'm sorry.
  • That blows! I'm sorry:<