Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Need Crafty Idea for grandparents Xmas gifts from kids

I am looking for a cute craft idea to do with my 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 year olds to give the grandparents as a christmas gift - any ideas? Even something I could make for them, with their pic or something like that would work....any suggestions? thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Need Crafty Idea for grandparents Xmas gifts from kids

• Options

I ordered a nice black and white photo of my boys mounted on gallery canvas for each of the grandparents from us. I got a 10x12 from canvas4life for about $25 each.

The gift from the boys is a large glass ball ornament and I had DS #1 paint his hand and do a handprint and DS #2 is doing a foot print because his hands won't cooperate at this age. Then I'm going to paint 2011 on it and seal it with clear spray.

It looks something like this: https://www.asortafairytaleblog.com/2010/12/diy-babys-1st-christmas-ornament.html

Except I used regular glass paint and not embossing powder and I also used a much larger ornament to accommodate both boys.

• Options
    why not get a picture and frame with plain white matting and let the kids paint the matting themselves to frame out their pics?  You can put it all together once it is dry.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Michael's has wooden frames that are really cheap (I want to say around $1).  I'm heading out today to pick some up and DD is going to paint those and then I'll put a pic in each one.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Here are some cute ideas I found on Pinterest that could work for grandparent gifts:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I love the kid decorated photo frames, great idea!  This year I am making photo calendars again.  And my mom requested garden mosaic stones, so we'll be making those with their handprints.  Last year I got a couple of craft kits from oriental trading that DS1 made. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This year for gifts for the family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc), we are doing tile photo coasters. They are super easy to make.
  • Options
    I just wanted to confirm, I bought the frames at Michaels and it was $1 for a 4x6 wooden frame (no glass).  DD painted them today and she really had a good time with it. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"