Health & Exercise

Insanity/p90x meal plans & bf-ing

Hi ladies, my brother is getting me the Insanity workout program for Christmas. I know it comes w/a meal plan, but I don't want to hurt my supply by restricting calories. I haven't actually seen the meal plan, but I'm assuming that's how it works. Would you ignore the meal plan & just eat healthy? Modify it? Another option I didn't think of? I included p90x b/c I'm assuming it's similar.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Insanity/p90x meal plans & bf-ing

• Insanity and p90 x are totally different. Insanity is all super crazy cardio and p90x is weights, cardio, yoga. different days, different thing. I think personally I would like the p90x better.

I would not go by the meal plan. you need the calories when breastfeeding. I am pretty sure they restrict you on carbs as well.but I do know when they have meal plans to lose weight, they always go low on carbs.

Just strive to eat as clean as possible. Whole grain, veggies, fruits, etc. breakfast,lunch, dinner and snacks.

good luck.

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • Thanks, I wasn't very clear. I meant that the meal plans were probably similar. I chose Insanity over P90X b/c I don't have the time commitment for P90X. I've also read that Insanity improves endurance. I was into distance running pre- preg. so that fits into my goals. That fact that Insanity doesn't require extra equipment is a nice bonus too.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGVSU-04:
    Thanks, I wasn't very clear. I meant that the meal plans were probably similar. I chose Insanity over P90X b/c I don't have the time commitment for P90X. I've also read that Insanity improves endurance. I was into distance running pre- preg. so that fits into my goals. That fact that Insanity doesn't require extra equipment is a nice bonus too.

oh I get you. yes you are probally right. Again, I wouldnt follow them. I doubt you will need to. I didnt diet, just didnt eat junk and I lost all my baby weight (40lbs) in 4 months. Breastfeeding is the best! it burns 500 calories a day. thats why they say you should 500 extra calories a day.

good luck!

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • IMO the Insanity and P90X meal plans were quite different from one another. I really liked the Insanity one, it fit my lifestyle much better and I just liked that whole program better. I would say you could take elements of it and apply them to your diet (ie the multiple small meals a day concept), but I'm not sure what specific requirements BFing has, so I wouldn't say you should follow it exactly.
    imageVisit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!
  • I don't know what the Insanity meal plan is like but I do P90X. The meal plan for that actually keeps the same number of calories you would normally eat (1800-2000). It is just eating the right kinds of foods (especially lots of protein). I know Insanity is more cardio but most of these really intense workout programs don't cut calories too much because they encourage you to lose weight the right way. You might need to add in a few extra calories but you would probably be ok following the meal plan.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"