Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby Sleep Site - interesting for those with catnappers...

So I pretty much am spending my small maternity leave fortune (lol) on things suggested here to help DS with various sleep issues - so when I heard someone ask about the 'Baby Sleep Site' the other day I looked into it. They offered a Naps and Schedules package for $27... which in my crazy mind these days seems like an ok amount to potentially throw away if it doesn't help. I know, drives DH nutty lol.

Anyways, I haven't read much of it yet, just got it last night, but just something I found interesting, and for all of you who really want a schedule but are dealing with a 30-45 minute cat napper and 5 naps a day -- the sleep expert in this book actually seems to think that is the norm, and very acceptable! So for those of us trying to attain the unattainable, all of her proposed schedules at this age are tailored around those lengths of naps and 5 naps a day --- wow!! Anyways, don't know why I need to waste $27 to tell myself what I was already doing LOL.. just wanted to share!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Sleep Site - interesting for those with catnappers...

• Options
    Thanks for sharing! That makes me feel better, since our nap schedule is just that - 45 minute naps too many times a day. I feel like I spend most of the day feeding or putting LO to bed.  It is nice to know we're not alone.
  • Options

Interesting info.  Thanks for sharing.  When my first daughter was born, I spent so much time & money worrying and buying things that would help her sleep.  It was frustrating for me, and nothing ever worked.  She didn't STTN until 14 months.

This time around, I'm just going with the flow.  There are many days when Halle naps three times a day for 20 minutes, and is still up 3 times at night.  I have no expectations for her sleep, I'm just rolling with it.  I'm spending more time enjoying her and less time trying to figure her out.  I highly recommend it.  Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing. My gut was telling me that this is perfectly normal so I started avoiding the posts about how to "fix" this issue. Glad to know that at least one expert agrees. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I had this confirmed by two pediatricians (ours and a friend who happens to be one) and I wish I'd accepted it sooner rather than stressing over trying to lengthen her naps.

We do 5 naps a day and she wakes up pretty happy.  Pedi's said naps will lengthen between 4-6 months.  Of course some babies already take long naps but our little ones aren't abnormal because they don't. 

• Options
    I read the same e book from the sleep site because I was desperate for my LO to sleep. He had been sleeping 3-4 hour stretches since birth but reverted back to waking every 45 minutes. After two weeks of this I read everything I could. Every LO is different but after following the sleep training advice and one of the plans, LO has now STTN for 5 nights in a row (after never doing that before). It seems to have worked for us so I would say it was worth the $27 and time I spent reading. Good luck to everyone :)

• Options

imagelorelei11:
    Thanks for sharing! That makes me feel better, since our nap schedule is just that - 45 minute naps too many times a day. I feel like I spend most of the day feeding or putting LO to bed.  It is nice to know we're not alone.

Yeah, I've pretty much come to terms with the 45-minute nap. I don't fight it anymore, as I was spending WAY too much time stressing. I would love for him to take two long naps a day instead of five 45-minute naps, but it is what it is! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"