Preemies
Options

WWYD?

So, I don't post often, but a situation has come up and I am not sure how to handle it.

Last night my grandmother died.  I was very close to her, as was my husband.  Her funeral will be in a couple of days.  I know there will be many people at the funeral, several of whom smoke.  My daughter was born at 26 weeks (now 11 months old, 8 months adjusted), has chronic lung disease and a trach.  I want to bring my daughter to the funeral, but I am not sure how to handle the crowd.  On top of all of this, the cold seems to really aggitate my daughter's respiratory tract.  So, I am also worried about taking her to the burrial sight.

Thoughts?

image      image      image

Re: WWYD?

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Personally, I would not bring your daughter. This will allow you to focus on grieving your grandmother and not worrying about your daughter. You can take your daughter to visit her grave site when the weather warms up. Of course, it is completely up to you and you need to do what you feel is right.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh wow...big hugs, so sorry for your loss.

Is it possible that you could take her to the funeral home and sit in the hallway outside the room? And then maybe DH could stay back with her and you could go to the burial site, or maybe even DD and DH could sit in the car at the burial site?

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesail123:

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Personally, I would not bring your daughter. This will allow you to focus on grieving your grandmother and not worrying about your daughter. You can take your daughter to visit her grave site when the weather warms up. Of course, it is completely up to you and you need to do what you feel is right.  

Ditto this.  This is really good advice. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry :(

I would def find a babysitter.  Hugs!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"