Success after IF
Options

Success stories - Clomid & HCG shot?

Hi all, I am new here and just started TTC (I'm 30). After I went off birth control pills my doc put me on Clomid in case I don't ovulate, and he monitored me and gave me a HCG shot to trigger ovulation so I could time sex.

This month was my first cycle with the medications, but my period came and I'm so disappointed and down, and also worried what would happen in the next cycle. 

I'm wondering if anyone here has had success with these medications. I hope you can share your stories.   

Re: Success stories - Clomid & HCG shot?

• Options
    I had success with 200 mg of Clomid (Resulted in (1) 30 mm follie) and the hcg trigger shot. No timed intercourse for us, as my DH has low morph sperm, so we went with IUI. Good luck!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    we did IUI but got pregnant the first cycle with clomid and trigger shot.  good luck to you!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the replies! 
  • Options
    you went straight to clomid without TTC'ing on your own at all first?!
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    i had success on the third cycle, two different times. I loved doing the trigger shot because I felt like the timing was right on. GL!
    Cricket's Cadence
  • Options

imagestaycee:
    you went straight to clomid without TTC'ing on your own at all first?!

This. Your dr is going WAY overboard by not even allowing your body to see what it does off of BCP.

I'd find a new dr and just give it a few months to see what your cycles are like. Unless you had some underlying issues you didn't mention.

• Options
    Well he said I had some uterine polyps and gave me a month to try on my own. After that he gave me BCP to get rid of the polyps. I have a family history of fibroids and my doc would like me to get pregnant as soon as possible as I'm going to be 31 soon. I actually ovulate on my own, but being impatient I don't mind the Clomid if it actually helps increase my chances(I know about the risk of having twins) 
  • Options
    Clomid doesn't always help - sometimes it actually ruins your chances of conceiving and can cause multiple health issues, not to mention high order multiples. If you end up with only twins on an unmonitored clomid cycle, count yourself lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"