Toddlers: 24 Months+

Help! DS won't stay in his bed

Curious what others have done.  DS has been in a toddler bed for almost 3 months now, and just has occasional nights where he won't stay in bed -- gets up and comes out to find us, etc.  He's in a toddler bed and the door to his room does not latch - I know, it's ridiculous, but we live in an old building and the door literally cannot be shut all the way.  I hadn't put a gate up because this is such a sporadic problem.  Tonight, though, we've been going on an hour of him getting out of bed and coming out into the main room.  I've been trying to get to him in his room before he makes it out and give NO attention, just put him straight back in bed.  Regardless, it's a problem!  Curious to hear what other people have done.  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help! DS won't stay in his bed

• stick to your guns. no attention, back to bed, walk out of the room. One night it took us 10 times before DD got the picture and stayed. Went to sleep fast too. I kinda think its a "test" thing.

"testing testing, one two three, can I get away with staying out here?"

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • ditto pp it seems you are on the right track keep repeating - it my take a few nights to work.  I like to count the times so then I can feel progress over the nights.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"