August 2012 Moms

Champagne party this weekend...help!

Hi ladies, so my dear friends are throwing a "bubbly" party this weekend with all champagne. Now I've been successful in the past ordering the virgin drink that looks fancy but how do I fake drink champagne?!? We are not telling a soul until our first US so that's not an option (and then parents only), and sadly, it will be waaaaay obvious if I just don't drink or pull the "I don't feel good", or on antibiotics excuse because they know about my other losses and what we were going through. Other than just pouring it down the toilet, lol, any other fake drinking ideas? TIA!
BFP #3 11/27/11, EDD 8/3/12 BabyFruit Ticker
BFP #1 8/1/11, Natural MC 8/12/11 6 weeks
BFP #2 9/25/11, Natural MC 10/3/11 6 weeks

Re: Champagne party this weekend...help!

• Sparkling white grape juice? Or maybe ginger ale? You just have to be able to smuggle it in your purse and take the champagne glass to the bathroom to make the switch. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have TWO of those this weekend!!!!!

Are your parties at your home?  Or out?  If they're at your house, have a glass in your hand when guests arrive!!!  Be sneaky- Have the glass be filled with sparkling cider or some non alcoholic champagne, and refill it when no one is looking!  Or, do fake sips of real stuff if they pour it in your glass. 

• Loading the player...
  • Whoops!! Just re read!  Yes, smuggle to the bathroom and have the bottles in your purse!!!
  • I like the switching in the bathroom idea. These situations are so hard....especially when your friends know that you don't turn down a drink (like mine).

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • imageCamJade625:

I have TWO of those this weekend!!!!!

Are your parties at your home?  Or out?  If they're at your house, have a glass in your hand when guests arrive!!!  Be sneaky- Have the glass be filled with sparkling cider or some non alcoholic champagne, and refill it when no one is looking!  Or, do fake sips of real stuff if they pour it in your glass. 

Good idea! Only problem is my friend is an amazing host and will constantly go around and refill everyone's glasses. I guess that will just require another bathroom trip and a big purse!

• imagekinsquared:
    I like the switching in the bathroom idea. These situations are so hard....especially when your friends know that you don't turn down a drink (like mine).
    Exactly! They all know I love my wine so major red flag. Man all these holiday parties are going to be tough!!

• Are you going with DH? Can you two just keep switching glasses? He can drink some, then give you the glass. DH will be toasted but you can slow down later in the evening and say you have to drive.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• imagedeltagirl79:
    Are you going with DH? Can you two just keep switching glasses? He can drink some, then give you the glass. DH will be toasted but you can slow down later in the evening and say you have to drive.
    Great idea. That's what we did at Thanksgiving dinner because even though no BFP yet I suspected I was KU.

• imageBabe2C:
    imagedeltagirl79:
    Are you going with DH? Can you two just keep switching glasses? He can drink some, then give you the glass. DH will be toasted but you can slow down later in the evening and say you have to drive.
    Great idea. That's what we did at Thanksgiving dinner because even though no BFP yet I suspected I was KU.

This is what DH and I did when I was newly KU with DD.  Worked like a charm, though DH felt like he had been hit with a Mack truck the next morning.  Champagne hangover = no bueno! 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• I just hold my glass in my hand without drinking it. Or take fake sips until you can get away to "reduce" the level in the glass. If people ask why you're not drinking much, tell them you're already nursing a hangover or something :)
  • I have this issue this weekend as well...thanks for all the tips!  I love the switching with DH idea...I had already bought sparkling grape juice to fake it but that might be easier than transporting that stuff and filling my glass in the bathroom.

Plus, seems better than pouring perfectly good champagne down the drain!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've found that if you just get a glass and hold it all night and put it to your lips occasionally without drinking it that no one notices. 
    TTC Since September 2009; 4/10 Miscarriage at 6weeks; Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011; 4/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 5/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 6/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 7/11: TI = BFN; 8/11: TI = BFN; 9/11: Bravelle TI = BFN; 10/22/11: IUI#1; 11/4/11:IUI#1 = BFN; 11/16/11: IUI#2; 11/29/11: BFP on HPT!; 12/5/11: Beta#1=437@19DPO; 12/7/11: Beta#2=861@21DPO; 12/9/11: Beta#3=1648@23DPO; 12/13/11: Beta#4=4867@27DPO BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"