Eco-Friendly Family

Acne

I?m TTC and have severe acne. Does anyone have any good tips or products that would help my massive breakouts while still being safe for pregnancy? I recently had a miscarriage, so I want to be extra careful about what I use. I?ve always used conventional acne products and have been using prescriptions on and off for 10 years now without much success.

Re: Acne

• It's not EF, but the only thing that worked for me (and continues to) is Noxema Triple Clean Antibacterial cleanser. I use Cerave lotion on my face as well.  A lot of breakouts are hormonal though, so there's not a whole lot you can do.  Good luck TTC!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • good luck ttc! for acne try tea tree oil diluted in a carrier oil (pure tea tree oil is far too strong to put right on your face.) you can also try African black soap or using diluted lemon juice on acne affected areas.
  • Loading the player...
  • To be honest, my skin started clearing about 3 weeks after I stopped washing my face with soap.  Those three weeks while my skin was adjusting were not pretty at all, but now my skin is clearer than ever.  Now I'll only get a pimple or two during AF, other than that it's clear.  If all else fails, you can always consider this method as a last resort. 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• How do you clean your face?  Do you wear makeup?

• Ditto to the TTO, also cut back on the dairy, increase your water intake, and change your pillowcase more often. All of these little things really make a big impact. Oh, and minimal make-up if you feel you need it, but none is best.

GL!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • imageZoey1309:

How do you clean your face?  Do you wear makeup?

I soak a washcloth with hot water and do a quick scrub.  I only wear makeup once a week and I'll use the oil cleansing method (https://www.crunchybetty.com/nitty-gritty-on-the-oil-cleansing-method) to remove the makeup and moisturize my skin.   

however long the night, dawn will break.

• I was told that tea tree oil, even diluted, is not safe during pregnancy. Might want to look into this before trying it. 
  • imageEveTyer24:
    I was told that tea tree oil, even diluted, is not safe during pregnancy. Might want to look into this before trying it. 

My MW "preferred" that I not use it. She said it was one of those things that probably wouldn't cause issues, but if it's easy to cut it out, do. 

I washed my face with raw honey & used ACV/water as a toner while pregnant. It worked really well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have suffered from acne my whole life, and its worse now than ever. 
    Im not sure if you are comfortable taking natural supplements. 
    But this is what has helped me. 
    I use a product called NutraSea. its an omega 3 supplement, and it is great for skin, hair and nails. 
    I also use in conjunction with that, a product called VegeGreens. Its just as it sounds, a vegetable supplement. What I think is key with this formula, is the really rich greens that are in it, that are to help eliminate free radicals. It also helps stabilize your PH level. 

It just seems for me that when I take it my skin is great, when I stop my skin gets bad again. The nice thing is that it didn't take long for me to notice a change.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I use raw honey as a face wash and I love it!! I also noticed a substantial change in my skin when I significantly reduced my overall sugar intake. I've fought with acne since I was 11 or so, and that's when things really started changing for the better! :)
    After 3 1/2 years of hope and prayers, our sweet baby girl is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"