New to The Bump

Board "atmosphere"

Just curious, I've read about a billion posts (it feels like), but am clearly a newb. It seems like most of the boards lean quite a bit to the snarky side, which kinda surprised me. Not that I particularly mind, but definitely unexpected. I'm on plenty of other communities, btw, so I get the humor of the interwebs.

Obviously different boards will have different posters and feels, but am I right? Snarkfest?

****Not to say that people aren't helpful! 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Board "atmosphere"

• Yes, I totally agree with you!  I have also found that the boards definitely lean towards a certain birthing philosophy and if you disagree or have a different opinion you get flamed.  I tend to read way more than I post.
  • Let's put it this way: you have women who are stressing over TTC, pg women with hormone surges, recently pospartum moms, and everyone's joiing in on the mommy wars. There's bound to be some snark.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDr.Loretta:
    Let's put it this way: you have women who are stressing over TTC, pg women with hormone surges, recently pospartum moms, and everyone's joiing in on the mommy wars. There's bound to be some snark.

Great point :) 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • In general the women here are very supportive, but everyone has a bad day evey now and then.  I have found it very comforting to have a safe place to vent and talk about things that I dont discuss with my friends.

Welcome!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• I agree with the snark. Some of these boards are full of mean girls. It's the internet and you can say whatever you want and they do. Some big bishes on here. Oh well I just ignore it.
  • I'm a newbie who agrees with you on why all the snarky remarks, I decided to just lurk on other boards and stick to this board for awhile. 
  • I wish I would have just started posting and responding here then stumbling into 1st trimester to ask a TTC question... my bad, and I probably deserved what I got.... but yes I completely agree. I used the knot when I was planning my wedding, and never really created a user name until my DH and I decided to start TTC. Mainly I use other boards to post questions and only lurk here for info because the simplest thing can turn into something that is offensive to someone
  • bloomraiser- Is this your first? Congrats! You can talk to me!!!! I know it can be a little crazy on here sometimes, but feel free if you're wanting to vent or just be excited with someone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"