New Jersey Babies
Options

Prenatal Yoga in Summit area?

Hi all,

I've been doing some research online trying to find a prenatal yoga class in or around Summit, NJ, and I've had no luck.  Does anyone know of a place they'd recommend?  I've reached the point where I am wearing yoga pants for comfort alone, so I figure I should use them for exercise while I'm at it:-)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!! 

Re: Prenatal Yoga in Summit area?

• Options

I couldn't find anything either - I'm in Watchung, which I think is sort of near Summit (JUST moved to NJ 2 weeks ago, so I'm still figuring it out).

I plan to keep looking, but in the interim, I bought a couple of Pre Natal yoga DVDs from Amazon.com - they just arrived today.  I'll let you know if they're any good once I try them.

• Options
    I went a few times to Shakti in Maplewood.  I think there is also a place in Livingston that does it, I'm not sure of the name, though.  I live in Livingston, but I went to Shakti because they have week day classes, the one in Livingston was only weekends.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the replies!  I thought about prenatal DVDs as well... I could never get myself motivated to exercise on my own, so I worry that I'd need others around me to feel motivated to do it. If I can't find a place that offers the classes nearby, that may be the best bet!

I did see the yoga school in Maplewood that has prenatal yoga.  Do you like the class?  If they offer the same class in Livingston, I would definitely be up for driving there. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

• Options

I found the school in Livingston.  If it's not too far from Watchung for you, here is the website: https://www.igniteyoganj.com/

They offer one prenatal yoga class on Sundays at 10AM.

Thanks again for the tip! 

• Options
    Hi - terra sky is a yoga studio in summit that has prenatal yoga both in groups and private instruction.  i'm recently pregnant so haven't tried it out yet but plan to!  they have xtend barre classes at this place as well which i've done many times and i think they are very good.  good luck!  maybe i'll see you there :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I read about Terra Sky as well last night! I actually called Lululemon in Summit and asked if they knew of a local spot with prenatal yoga and they suggested Terra Sky.  I did see some iffy reviews online, but I definitely plan to give it a shot and try it out for myself.  I'm not due until July, so I have just started thinking about all of this as well. :-)  Thanks so much for the suggestion! 
  • Options

Thanks all for the suggestions - I'm going to check out both ignite and Terra Sky.

• Options

Terra Sky is an absolutely gorgeous studio. I've been there a few times for regular vinyasa-style classes... they also do massage and other services. I wish I had more time to take their classes, but I haven't been able to in a while.

My regular yoga teacher also recommended Shakti in Maplewood for prenatal (she does not teach there so she's not just trying to sell something), but I've never been.

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"