August 2011 Moms

EBF moms - Have you left your DC overnight?

Have you left your DC for a couple days?  How did it go?  Did they take the bottle while you were gone?  Any issues?  Anything you wish you had done differently?

We're heading to Vegas to celebrate my sister's 21st birthday and will be gone from Friday 12/16 to Sunday 12/18.  The past couple weeks DD has taken a strike against the bottle...we're working on it.  This of course is adding to my anxiety around leaving her for a couple days.  This trip was planned last year before my BFP and now I'm second guessing going but I feel like I can't let my sister down.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: EBF moms - Have you left your DC overnight?

• If she's hungry enough, she'll take a bottle.  I bet she'll start eating once you leave. 

You can also try having someone else give her a bottle when you're not there.  Sometimes babies refuse the bottle from mom as they are used to getting the milk straight from the truck and aren't interested in an alternative method.  YH won't smell the same as you and should have better luck getting her to take a bottle. 

Another option is to take her with you and bring a babysitter.  

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • No, she won't take a bottle at all so we are attached at the boob for the time being! We took her with us on a trip and it went well, the only thing was making sure we had enough diapers. Take more than you think you will need if you take her with you! I know that hotels have licensed childcare in house so if you want a safe place to leave her while you go out for the party contact the hotel. I know a lot of people that have done that in Vegas and it works well but is a little pricey.
  • Loading the player...
  • No, I won't be leaving her overnight until probably next summer. Good luck to you though! Hope all goes well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have, though not quite as long-left on Saturday afternoon and came back Sunday late morning. It went fine, besides the fact that I was a nervous wreck.

I don't have any bottle advice that hasn't been given already, sorry. DS is a pig who will eat anything, anywhere, from anyone.

I would just keep on trying. Have you tried different types of bottles? How about slowly putting him on it, like when your DH is holding him and he can see you, then moving away..stuff like that. Again, I wish I could help more but all I can think of is what we would try if that was the case. 

Good luck, and have fun in Vegas!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We've left LO at my in-laws overnight one time. She took the bottles just fine. Before when DH would watch her while I was out she refused the bottle but we realized it was because he didn't warm them enough. Good luck!
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"