March 2012 Moms
Options

what does "you are all baby" mean?

Someone said "Wow... you are all baby" to me today. I wasn't sure how to react to it so I smiled, laughed weird and said "yeah I know huh? i'm so full from lunch"...

Not one of my best moments! I was caught soooo off guard. It was awkward. I'm embarrassed. My response made no sense. LOL. 

Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.

Re: what does "you are all baby" mean?

• Options
    That one I always take as a compliment. I take it to mean "You've only gotten bigger in the belly where the baby is". I like that comment lol.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options

When someone says that, they are complimenting you. They are pointing out that you have not gained weight anywhere but your belly. Some women swell up all over during pregnancy and/or gain weight all over (face, legs, etc.). It's just about the one and only comment I enjoy hearing :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagewordslikeswords:
    That one I always take as a compliment. I take it to mean "You've only gotten bigger in the belly where the baby is". I like that comment lol.

Yeah I agree with words it's a complement! But your reply was funny. 

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Options
    I agree with PP's. That is exactly what I mean when I say that to ppl. Just that they have only gained weight in the bump. I mean it as a compliment to other woman. I have not yet heard it, sadly :(. But I also think I've gained weight evenly all over... not much but its evenly distributed. I don't have the best bump yet, but am patiently waiting for my great baby bump.
  • Options
    Yep.... this is my favorite! It means your stomach is growing and you're still thin everywhere else! Yay!! People say this but I think my huge belly distracts them from the fact that my a$$ is a little bit more ghetto booty than it use to be.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I take it as other than the belly/baby bump you don't look pregnant.

People say that to me because I'm petite and just started showing a few weeks ago (mind you I'm 26w+!)

I'm hoping it means that after I give birth I'll bounce right back... A girl can dream right? :)

TTC since November 2010
    BFP: March 22, 2011 M/C: April 8, 2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP: June 29, 2011!!! Crossing my fingers for a sticky baby :)
    LO Born early March 2012 We are so blessed image
  • Options

Very much a compliment.  It means pregnancy has not spread to your thighs, butt, and face.  When your belly deflates after baby is out you'll look like you did pre-pregnancy.

Sadly, I am not all belly, I'm all thigh and butt! :(

• Options
    Your response is hilarious! I love it!
  • Options

HA! I love it. I was told the same thing the other day. I'll take it...better than "you are all cookies"!

Even though it's kind of true. 

• Options

Haha thanks for confirming I made a fool of myself! Oh well. I'm pregnant and a big air head as it is sometimes. 

Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"