September 2011 Moms

late bedtime?

My LO was 11 weeks on Sunday. Our bedtime is around 10..give or take 30 minutes.  Just wondering if anyone else has a LO who has the same bedtime.  I would like to have it be earlier but it seems when we put her down between 7-8ish...even if she is tired...she is up in 45 and then we wait for the next round of sleep until she stays down...and even then sometimes she doesn't.  What did you do to move it up?  Does it just come with time?

Re: late bedtime?

• Our LO goes down the same time.  She moves if earlier sometimes but if she goes down earlier she is usually up earlier which we aren't :) She went down at 9 last night and slept an hour longer.  I think she will go down earlier the longer she sleeps.  That is what my niece did and she is a super sleeper. We are just glad she sleeps all night. If we need her to go down earlier we just shorten her last nap and extend play time a little.  

image, image
    My little gummy bear
    10/09-started our journey 3/14/10- Dx anovulatory 12/29 IUI #3 BFP beta 1-25, 2-60, 3-2064. u/s 1 beautiful baby :) 9/22 Baby girl born 6 lb 14 oz perfect !!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yeah, you've gotta give it more time.  he's usually down for the night at 10ish and sleeps until 6.  I can't really expect a 3 month old to sleep more than that every night.  He doesn't understand bedtime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • my LO wont pass out till at lest 11, sometimes later... but she'll sleep till 4 or 5, eat then pass out again till 9 or 10 ...which is amazing for her 

it just takes time...DD#1 goes to bed by 830 but still fights us sometimes...

I just figure the whole bed time thing will be a fight till they move out ;p 

• J doesn't go to sleep until at least 11 each night and is up by 5 am. 
  • Owen is so random! He can be in bed anywhere from 7-10 (average about 9). and is up at between 6-7 these days with being up one time at night, usually between 3-4 for a feeding.

hopefully we get a schedule soon, but work and DC start in January so I assume we will be having one then

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in the same boat.  She falls asleep between 9:00-9:30 and is up again around 10:30 or 11.  I am just happy she has been sleeping a long stretch until 4 am now.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a hard time getting LO down before 11 :( I so wish it was earlier
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was feeling like an irresponsible parent before I checked this board.  We're lucky if we can get my daughter down by 11 pm.  No matter what I've tried, she's always the most alert when my husband gets home from work around 7ish and stays that way. 
  • same with us... its always been 10-12. typically closer to 12 when she finally sleeps longer than 30min-1hr
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Thanks everyone!  I appreciate your messages.  I read of babies sleeping 7-7 and it must just be a select few that can do that.  I am glad I am more normal than not.  8-)
  • imagequietlyexpecting:
    Thanks everyone!  I appreciate your messages.  I read of babies sleeping 7-7 and it must just be a select few that can do that.  I am glad I am more normal than not.  8-)

that's definitely not normal.  ds1 has NEVER done that.

• I get Rylee down between 8-10pm each night. But it totally depends on the day... If I put her down any earlier than 8ish, she's up 1/2 HR later for another hour or two.
  • We have been working with DD's nighttime sleep cues ... her night sleep is quite different and noticable.

Until a couple weeks ago she was going down around 10, it is now as early as 8 some nights.   Slowly creeping forward.  DS was the same way.

That said, we don't have night owls!  DS was going to bed around 6pm by about 5 months old, he just wouldn't last longer ... and only makes it until 7 now.

Some kids will never go to bed before 8 - each one is different :)

• I get Rylee down between 8-10pm each night. But it totally depends on the day... If I put her down any earlier than 8ish, she's up 1/2 HR later for another hour or two.
  • My third baby was one of those 7-7 guys! He was a champ sleeper. He slept 7 hour stretches consistently at 7 weeks old and added an hour/week for the next 5 weeks...meaning he slept 7am to 7pm without waking from the time he was 12 weeks on. Of course, I thought it was because of all my good skills/experience that I made this happen.

Yeah, turns out each baby is just different! Little Mr #4 has been a terrible sleeper! Until 7 weeks or so he was waking every 2-3 hours to eat. Finally at about 10 weeks he dropped down to 1 middle-of-the-night feeding. He sleeps consistently now from about 9pm to about 7am, with just one feeding.

Elizabeth

• My older DD always took a late nap and would then stay up until 11 or so. She did this until she was 2. I was totally okay with it because it gave me time to spend with her after work. She's just now taking to a 9pm bed time. If it were up to her she'd still go to sleep at 11 and wake at 10. She has never needed a lot of sleep.

This LO goes down around 9 and wakes up for the day around 9 - she eats around 5 & 7 but goes back to sleep. They are two very different kids!

• We have a "late" bedtime here too. We usually start the whole process around 8:30/9pm, but she isn't actually sleeping until around 10. She does sleep until about 7/8am which is awesome so I don't want her to go to bed any earlier if it would mean her waking up earlier because I am SO not a morning person.

• LO was starting to have a catnap around 8ish so we took it as a sign to start his bedtime routine earlier.  We used to start around 9ish but now we start at 7:30.  He goes down between 8-8:30 wakes briefly to eat around 11 then goes back down until about 4ish.  His daytime sleep has improved a lot since we backed up the bedtime.  You really have to go by what works for your own LO.  It's not something you can force and yes it will come in time.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"