Working Moms

Bedtime Routine

Hi Ladies,

I'm trying to get DS in a bedtime routine. One of my challenges is balancing both of them as they get ready for bed. How do you do it with more than one? Do they go to bed at the same time or different times?

Thanks! 

Married to DH 9/9/06 DD arrived 11/10/07 DS arrived 5/26/11

Re: Bedtime Routine

• What I would do is bathe the kids together, get them both dressed in PJs at the same time. Get DD set up with a kid's show or some other activity that will keep her attention for a period of time, then bring DS in his room and give him his bottle or nurse, rock and get him to sleep. If your DS is going to take longer than say a half hour to do so, you could always get DD settled in bed and then work on putting DS down next. My preference to have DS go to bed first is just so you can establish an earlier bed time with him, but you can be flexible as to what will work with your kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • I am getting better because now DD2 has a more stable bedtime since she is down to 1 nap I think her bedtime will be 7 for a while.  So they all bathe together and get dressed in PJ's and while I put DD2 to bed the other 2 get to watch a show.  When DD2 is down we read our books and do our bedtime thing.  So basically bedtime lasts over an hour with the two separate times but at least it is quiet and relaxed (somewhat).
    Mommy to DS1 ~10.11.05~ DD1 ~07.22.07~ DD2 ~09.10.10~
  • Loading the player...
  • Bathe them at the same time.  DH puts PJs on one, I put PJs on the other.  We all read a book together then toddler goes to bed.  The baby gets a bottle then off to bed!  This process starts around 7pm and the baby is in bed by 8pm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"