D.C. Area Babies
Options

I think I must have the best IL's ever...

My IL's are just all around great people but this is the icing on the cake. My MIL just emailed me with an email titled "Babysitting Request" and said they'd love to have the girls over on either Saturday or Sunday for a few hours so DH and I can have some time together to do whatever we want. They've been out of the country for 3 weeks and so I think they really missed them and want to spend some time with them. Anyway, I will definitely be saying YES to that offer!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I think I must have the best IL's ever...

• Options
    That is so sweet! My parents are great at wanting to spend time with the girls but DHs mom is a different story...
  • Options

Wow, that's great.

I wish we had family in the area!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That is so sweet!  My parents are in the area, but we have to ask them to watch the kids here and there, so we never get an out and out offer intitiated by them... what a treat for you guys!!

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    thats how my parents too are...i love that they are local how fun:-) What are you going to do? that being said my parents are taking DS this weekend because DH's bday is tomorrow and mine is Thursday and we are going to capital grille on sat for dinner (its our 30th!!) 
  • Options

That is sooo sweet!

Our parents are great with watching C when we need them to, but it would be so nice to receive a straight up request to take him!

• Options

Doggylovr - happy birthday!!

Vtkendra - How fun.  Wat a special treat for you, your girls and the grandparents.  Oh how I wish we had local family...

• Options
    yes, you definitely do have the best ILs ever!! :-)
  • Options

Very jealous...

I know my folks would do that in a heart beat.  My IL's....no chance in hell. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My ILs offer this every weekend.  My parents not quite as much (because they're on the other side of the Beltway).  Yes, I know, we're spoiled.
  • Options

we had these offers a lot more when we just had one kid LOL

• Options
    My parents are like this too and are local,  and DH's when we are at their house. We were there for Thanksgiving and they practically pushed us out the door to go see a movie. I know that we are beyond lucky. DS has been having some cruddy sleep issues and my mom said, "Why don't you bring him here Saturday night and he can spend the night so you can get some good sleep." Yes, please, and thank you! I just hope that one day we live close enough to our grandkids to do the same things.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

That's nice that a number of people also have family nearby. The IL's have been really great about watching them when we ask but I was just surprised by the straight up asking.

imagedoggylovr:
    thats how my parents too are...i love that they are local how fun:-) What are you going to do? that being said my parents are taking DS this weekend because DH's bday is tomorrow and mine is Thursday and we are going to capital grille on sat for dinner (its our 30th!!) 

Happy early birthday! We actually took the IL's to CG in Silver Spring a few months ago to thank them for everything they do for us and the meal was AWESOME!

DH and I will probably just go out to dinner with our free night.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is pretty awesome, my SIL lives with us and we don't get those offers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"