Preemies

Getting Synagis Again

I am sooo relieved, we finally heard back after about 2 months! We qualify for Synagis again....thank goodness! Anyone else get it for the 2nd year?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest blog: www.thesmoreslife.blogspot.com

Re: Getting Synagis Again

• My Pulmonologist already told us she doesnt get it next year - I was taken back - she was 22w when she was born - but since she hasnt had any lung isues since her discharge he said no - I told him she starts day care next year and she needs the shots - he insisted she doesnt need them - and hes the one who told me to keep her out of day care for another season - hmmmfff - I'm glad you guys qualified.  I might try on my own to qualify and see what the insurance says.
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sort of.  My son was born 1/25 and discharged 4/6.  He got 1 Synagis shot before discharge.  He qualified for all 5 shots this year due to his age + gestational age at birth.  I doubt he'll qualify next year, though.

Glad to hear you're getting it again!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • No, we didn't qualify this year. Sad

(But, on a good note, he hasn't had any lung issues since he's been home, either.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are a 'sort of' also.  C got two rounds prior to discharge in March and then we qualified again for this whole season.  I'm thankful that we qualify but man she hates those shots!   
  • I'm sorry for those who haven't qualified :( It sucks that they have so many stipulations for these....

I'm so happy DD is getting them bc unfortunately she has been on and off breathing treatments for about 3 months :/ that's probably what helped us qualify.. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest blog: www.thesmoreslife.blogspot.com
  • imageadrielegorburu:
    My Pulmonologist already told us she doesnt get it next year - I was taken back - she was 22w when she was born - but since she hasnt had any lung isues since her discharge he said no - I told him she starts day care next year and she needs the shots - he insisted she doesnt need them - and hes the one who told me to keep her out of day care for another season - hmmmfff - I'm glad you guys qualified.  I might try on my own to qualify and see what the insurance says.

Your pedi should try and get them for your DD anyway! It's worth a shot to try...I would push for it..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"