Pregnant after 35

Would you call?? (TMI) UPDATED!!

Hi ladies,

I feel like such a worrier here. And I'm sorry for the very TMI of this post. I'm hoping someone who's gone through this can help here.  Dr. Google is giving me different answers and I don't want to look like an idiot calling the Dr's office.  I know that during pregnancy there will be an increase in discharge.  I've seen this in this pregnancy so I know what that increase looks like so far.  However, the last couple of days I actually feel a "leak" of fluid all day.  I don't usually feel anything when I have discharge. I go to the bathroom and it still continues after I've gone.  I always wear pantyliners and am changing them more often the last couple days because of the increase.  I can't tell if it has a color to it, if it does it's a very pale yellow, but it does have an odor, although it doesn't really smell like urine to me.  Would you chalk this up to increased discharge or urine leakage even though it continues after I go to the bathroom?  Or would you call your OB thinking it is a fluid leak?

TIA

Update: I called and they had me go in.  Thankfully it's not amniotic fluid and there's no sign of any type of infection or urine leakage.  It's just the wonderfully normal increase in discharge from pregnancy.  He said usually this kind happens a little later in the 3rd tri from the cervix softening, but can start this early and it's perfectly normal.  And when I apologized for being the "panicked patient" he was so nice and told me that was what they were there for.  I really like my OB.  Thanks to all of you for your thoughts on this. I really hate being the patient that calls in and it turns out to be nothing, but he really made me feel like it was ok.  lol

Re: Would you call?? (TMI) UPDATED!!

• Does it smell sweet? Amniotic fluid should smell sweet from what I understand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yea, it is a little sweet.  I read both that it should smell sweet and that it would have no odor, so I wasn't sure.

• Loading the player...
  • I always err on the side of conservative.  I would call and they can give you a quick u/s to check fluid levels.  Better to be safe than sorry.  GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I would call if it's a change from the norm!
  • Hey Girl,

I haven't called but I've had a big increase of fluid too. I think mine is from one of the babies who loves to sit on my bladder.   3rd trimester is soooo much fun.  

IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • I would definitely call.  That's what they are there for.  And please let us know what they say. 
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely call -- if it's amniotic fluid leaking, the doc will definitely need to check things out.  Good luck, and I hope it's nothing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes, I'd call.
  • imageaurora1974:

Yea, it is a little sweet.  I read both that it should smell sweet and that it would have no odor, so I wasn't sure.

Then I'd call the doc.
  • Yes, please call. The nurses or OB can tell you to come in for more testing OR they can put your mind at ease.  Worrying is not helpful for you or baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad to hear everything is ok!  Thanks for updating us!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Glad you called and that everything is fine.  Always better to be overly cautious. Hope you can put your feet up and relax the rest of the day!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • So glad you went in. 

And welcome to the world of swamp crotch.  For what it is worth, mine peaked during second tri and has been much more arid of late. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageaurora1974:

I really hate being the patient that calls in and it turns out to be nothing, but he really made me feel like it was ok.  lol

So glad to hear all is well. Don't worry about being that patient. Much better than being the patient who should have called but didn't.

• imageHuahine:

And welcome to the world of swamp crotch.  For what it is worth, mine peaked during second tri and has been much more arid of late. 

Oh this made me lol today.  Thank you!  I'm not sure how I feel about this though as I'm about to enter the third tri in the next couple days. lol

Thanks a lot ladies for all of your comments.  I so appreciate it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"