Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

update on my ectopic

Thanks for the responses and kind words from my first few posts. I know I always look for updates so figured I'd add mine. The holiday weekend kind of went by in a blur. I had my first does of methotrexate last Tuesday and the second dose on Friday. The methotrexate definitely made me very tired and nauseous. I didn't throw up or anything, just felt kind of blah and sick. I still haven't had any pain which is hopefully a good sign. However, I had blood work done yesterday and unfortunately my hcg levels are still increasing. They were at 1700 last week and are now at 3000. I have more blood work and another ultrasound scheduled. Not sure what any of this will mean. I guess surgery is the next step. I have an appointment today so hopefully I will have answers. One thing I have definitely learned from this experience is to trust your self , your body and instincty and be persistant about your medical care. I had taken a pregnancy test the day before my period was due and it came back positive. The next day I started bleeding like a period. The only reason why i tested in the first place was because my eyebrows bled when I plucked them , which has never happened to me before. If I hadn't tested early, I would have just assumed I hadn't gotten pregnant. Then It was written off as an early miscarriage, but I wasn't convinced and did a pregnancy test that hadn't showed up positive before the bleeding started but did show up positive 5 days later. I insisted that I go on for more blood work and an ultrasound and sure enough , it was ectopic. So basically, I guess I knew best with my body and thankfully my doctor has been listening to my concerns along the way instead of just brushing me off. I'll keep you all posted. sorry it's so long!

Re: update on my ectopic

• Options
    I was almost about to page you because I"ve been thinking about you and wondering how things went. I'm so sorry to hear your levels are still high/rising. Mine were extremely stubborn too so I know the frustration of what you're going through. I really hope that they start to fall soon and you're able to avoid surgery. Please keep us updated and know I'm thinking about you! {HUGS}
    7/09 miracle DD born
    3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
    9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
    10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
    11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
    12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
    http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
    Dori
    "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards