April 2012 Moms
Options

Keeping in theme with all our "sexy talk" today...

I was just reading this fun little book today called 100 Things You're Not Supposed to Know, and I came across a funny little fact that I had to share with you lovely April ladies.

56: Fetuses Masturbate

In 1996, two OB-GYNS in Italy published a letter in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The heart of the matter was this:

We recently observed a female fetus at 32 weeks gestation touching the vulva with the fingers of the right hand. The caressing movements were centered primarily on the region of the clitoris. Movements stopped after 30 to 40 seconds and started again after a few minutes. Furthermore, these slight touches were repeated and associated with short, rapid movements of the pelvis and legs. After another break, in addition to this behavior, the fetus contracted the muscles of the trunk and limbs, and then clonicotonic movements[ie, prolonged spasms] of the whole body followed. Finally she relaxed and rested. We observed this behavior for about 20mins. The mother was an active and interested witness, conversing with observers about her child's experience.

The drew the conclusion that the female sexual response is separate from reproductive functions and doesn't need a full sexual maturity to be explicit.

Haha. Thought it was kind of an interesting/funny little fact. The book also states they had done studies and had similar occurrences with male fetuses as well.

Here's the book:

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Keeping in theme with all our "sexy talk" today...

• Options
    this just creeps me out

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagevanvoorhis-101:
    this just creeps me out
    Me too...yuck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure I'm buying it. Little boys play with their wieners all the time, but they aren't "masturbating."
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm not at all creeped out by it. Masturbation or not, it's probably all normal. Fine with me.
  • Options
    It doesn't necessarily surprise me.  Little kids touch/explore themselves all the time.  But I wouldn't call it "masturbating."  
  • Options
    omg Gross!!!!! lol what it does in the privacy of its bedroom is fine but its inside me..ick! but also lmao
  • Options

Let her little freak flag fly!

Have you guys ever seen a little girl sit on the arm of a couch and rock back and forth? It's the same thing, they just do it because it "feels good," they don't know what it means beyond that.

• Options

hmm ... weird... disturbing..

but hey, there's not much else to do in there, so whatever helps pass the time... hehehe

• Options

imagePatella1129:
    It doesn't necessarily surprise me.  Little kids touch/explore themselves all the time.  But I wouldn't call it "masturbating."  

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"