April 2011 Moms

Teething question

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I'm sorry if it's annoying...

My LO has been teething (I pray she has!) and I saw some white under her gum line today, but still can't feel anything except for her very swollen bottom gums.  Is there an average amount of time that the tooth takes to pop through from here?

My poor baby is in so much pain :( She's typically a very mellow/happy baby, but she's been very fussy/whiny all weekend.  I just want for her little teeth to come through and stop hurting her (until the next round of teeth come in).  

Edit: DD#1's teeth came in practically overnight at 9 months old with virtually no pain so I'm completely out of my element LOL 

075 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Teething question

• hmmm ya  i all of a sudden just felt the little stubs one night at bath time so i don't know how long they were just under the surface for...sorry that's no help! :)

but i'm finding DS is in SO much pain right now, not sure if another tooth is coming in or if it still hurts while it's still coming in?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could've written your post too.  DD is such a happy baby, and the past two weeks she's been miserable.  I feel so bad for her.  All I've been able to so is give her Tylenol at night to help her sleep. 

But yeah, this has been a two week process, and now this morning I felt her other bottom one start to swell.  :(

Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageScout2005:

Infant Motrin. I know I am the drug pusher of the board right now, but that is the only thing that works.

Tylenol is a joke.

I hate tylenol...I totally agree it's a joke!!

• E was OK during the day with pickle spears and frozen fruit in the mesh feeder, however at night I gave her the baby drugs.

I also took Scouts advice, motrin for the baby and wine for me.  

• imagelilylow:

E was OK during the day with pickle spears and frozen fruit in the mesh feeder, however at night I gave her the baby drugs.

I also took Scouts advice, motrin for the baby and wine for me.  

Yes 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Once we saw the little white bumps under the surface it was about a week before one popped through and within another week the second had popped through. Right now I think her top are getting ready to come in because she keeps sticking her tongue up there and chewing on everything. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS's bottom came without any warning. He opened his mouth for some sweet potatoes, and here were two adorable little teefers.

DS's tops came with a BIG warning. So fussy. So slobbery. So tired. We noticed the white a couple weeks ago, but within the last week it has been bad. They are both now cut, but the left top took a good two weeks before it finally popped through.

I have been using Tylenol, and noticed that it wasn't performing any miracles... I may try out Motrin next.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemaddiehohn:

DS's bottom came without any warning. He opened his mouth for some sweet potatoes, and here were two adorable little teefers.

DS's tops came with a BIG warning. So fussy. So slobbery. So tired. We noticed the white a couple weeks ago, but within the last week it has been bad. They are both now cut, but the left top took a good two weeks before it finally popped through.

I have been using Tylenol, and noticed that it wasn't performing any miracles... I may try out Motrin next.  

This is exactly where we are right now, except the actual cutting of the tops.  We noticed the white 2-3 weeks ago and we're still waiting. The bottoms were a surprise, but these top ones are killing her (and me).

It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • imageScout2005:

Infant Motrin. I know I am the drug pusher of the board right now, but that is the only thing that works.

Tylenol is a joke.

Yes we've been doing the ibuprofen as well.  I only use Tylenol when I don't have any ibuprofen for her.  I discovered the wonder of Teething Tabs this evening though...she was content letting me put her down to eat dinner tonight!!

• Thank you ladies!! Looks like I better get patient (and a bottle of wine :-) )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"